The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Hello everybody, most people call me JC. I'm here to learn a bit about DSMs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docta John

Probationary Member
Nov 16, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
I had a brother in law who had a Laser, and I always liked that car. I recently read that article in Automobile mag about DSMs, and it brought back a lot of memories. I never saw those Fast & Furious flicks and, when I started looking on line I was pretty amazed at what these little cars could be modded up to be, and what you all have done with them. I figured I'd sign up here and learn some, and maybe find one for sale that was maybe modded some, but not so much that you can't drive it as a DD some of the time, or that has wires hanging out and dripping oil down the road or all over my driveway.
I'm a greybeard, and my current DD is a 2017 Camaro SS, bone stock. I used to alternate driving that car with a 2007 Chrysler 300C, but that hemi sucked a valve at 175k, and it just didn't make economic sense at the time to do an engine swap, so I sold it to a buddy w/ a shop, and he turned it around. I have a 67 C-20 pickup that I fixed up, but it guzzles gas like an old hooker, so I don't drive it much.
So anyway, that's my story. I've been corresponding a little with a fellow on here T3rbo, about his car. It looks like something I might like to buy. If any of you folks have any insights about that car (like how it would hold up for some part-time DD duty) or can vouch for T3rbo, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I'm not suspicious of him or anything, but I'll always be nervous about paying a lot of money to somebody on the other side of the country, as shit does, as they say, happen.

Welcome and look around at some of the builds on here under the build thread section to get some ideas, as far as if a Dsm can be reliable, the answer is definitely, on average they are much more durable and reliable than other models out there as long as they are maintained, and even well modded they can be daily driven unlike most V-8 cars, again its dependent on maintenance and quality of parts and the quality and skills of the installer/tuner involved.

Hi John. Glad you found the forum and glad to have you! I'm no youngster either but still have the passion for a car that will surprise the siht outta people.
Follow along and ask anything you can't find. We are here to be helpful to others with this sick disease LOL. :)
Marty

Welcome John! You can easily have a daily dsm ranging in power levels from stock to 600+. It's just a matter of finding one like. As motomattx stated, maintenance is key for longevity with these cars as they're getting up there in age. Nice collection of cars btw.

I had a brother in law who had a Laser, and I always liked that car. I recently read that article in Automobile mag about DSMs, and it brought back a lot of memories. I never saw those Fast & Furious flicks and, when I started looking on line I was pretty amazed at what these little cars could be modded up to be, and what you all have done with them. I figured I'd sign up here and learn some, and maybe find one for sale that was maybe modded some, but not so much that you can't drive it as a DD some of the time, or that has wires hanging out and dripping oil down the road or all over my driveway.
I'm a greybeard, and my current DD is a 2017 Camaro SS, bone stock. I used to alternate driving that car with a 2007 Chrysler 300C, but that hemi sucked a valve at 175k, and it just didn't make economic sense at the time to do an engine swap, so I sold it to a buddy w/ a shop, and he turned it around. I have a 67 C-20 pickup that I fixed up, but it guzzles gas like an old hooker, so I don't drive it much.
So anyway, that's my story. I've been corresponding a little with a fellow on here T3rbo, about his car. It looks like something I might like to buy. If any of you folks have any insights about that car (like how it would hold up for some part-time DD duty) or can vouch for T3rbo, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I'm not suspicious of him or anything, but I'll always be nervous about paying a lot of money to somebody on the other side of the country, as sh** does, as they say, happen.
Sound interesting can hardly wait for pictures and updates

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back