The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Hello all dsmers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusher966

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2009
chicago south suburbs, Illinois
Hi I am new to the site as a registered user but long time reader and not new to cars. I have been working on cars as a mechanic for about five years. I run a 98 eclipse gst with a waly 225 fuel pump and 16g. I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I hope that I can be of some assistance on these forums.

Welcome! Any future plans for your gst? Post up some pic's if you got 'em

No pictures yet in the middle of a timing belt change. Should have some next week. Yea I am planning to take the 16g to 350hp and 380tq using a adfx smic which will be also cooled down using air ducts and two 80mm fans to both drag in air and blow it out. I am soon reconfiguring the computer to recognize 650cc instead of the mitsubishi 448.6cc injectors. I also chose the ngr type s BOV because of its engineering. The next step after thats finished is im creating a butterfly switch after the catalytic converter in coorilation with the stock exhaust. I am setting it up as a solenoid switch on a Y type tubing one section that connects and flows through the stock exhaust and the other connected to the solenoid for a direct release after the cat flowing out a bit to the right so I dont heat up my gas tank or fuel lines. After that I am throwing delta 272's I just put in a brand new head. My goal is to make it somewhat of a sleeper when I want it to be and a monster when I want it to. I already have my boost gauge and I am monitoring my oil pressure through the stock sensors via the computer. I work on cars for a living I have had full 3" exhaust before and at times I find it annoying thus why I am doing the butterfly switch exhaust. All my calculations seem to be a bit overkill with heatsoaking and engine heat but I find it much better not to take risks with having a hot intercooler or engine. What do you think of the setup?

Oh yea I forgot to add its a automatic transmission with a performance rebuild already in it. I had it rebuilt 5k miles ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back