1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

HELICOIL HEAD

Posted by YungTlon, Apr 17, 2019 at 8:48 AM

Tags:
Please Support Boostin Performance
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. YungTlon

YungTlon Probationary Member

Joined Mar 6, 2018
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Believe I posted the last thread in the wrong place! And I honestly couldn’t figure out how to delete it! So I believe this post belongs on this forum !
    So I believe I’m going to have to helicoil the exhaust manifold stud because the first couple threads were ripped out (previous owner) I just want to know if I’m going to have to pull the head:( id prefer not to I was wondering if I could just like fill the hole up with vassaline or something to try and catch the shavings. Because if I have to pull the head I’m going to go ape sh** and just build it and do a new hg and timing belt , water pump, etc. and quite frankly I’m only 16 and that means the car will be down for even longer! Please let me know thanks!

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors