The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink heavy knock on stock t25?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
idk what is the problem but this dosnt seem right?!!!

mods dsmlink vv3 full, down pipe, tial 38mm external waste gate with black 8.7lbs spring, mbc all the way open, egr delete, charcole delete, 1g bov, 3" exhaust, everything else is bone stock,

please view my log, WOT is located in middle of log,

i adjusted fuel table, and timing table to try to fix the knock,

being fully stock only with the dsmlink v3 full the car had bad knock still, so i eliminated things and even changed the knock sensor, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

DSMLINK V3 FULL

Attachments

• log.2017.05.10-03.elg
    124.8 KB · Views: 54
First, that looks like real knock so probably stop making pulls like that.

Second, do you have a wideband logged in link? Your timing seems like it is basically nothing, and fuel seems ok based on narrowband. What type of fuel? Could it be bad fuel?
I had a similar knock at high RPM and with a new tank of gas it was gone.

Long shot but it does happen; do you have your knock sensor in the correct mounting hole? There are a few places you can bolt it to on the back of the block but only one is the correct spot for it. If it's bolted to the other holes it will cause phantom knock.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back