The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Heater core

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dceptn

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2008
Waterbury, Connecticut
Can I open It up to clean it out without removing it for the car? I think something made a nest in it while the car was sitting outside for a while.

I looked and can only find one clip on the front :confused:

So I take it you removed the dash to get to it?

Isn't the heater core on the passenger side under the dash? :confused:
I removed the glove box and the noise when its on is coming from right there

I'm hoping theres a way to get into it without pulling the dash :banghead:

Isn't the heater core on the passenger side under the dash? :confused:
I removed the glove box and the noise when its on is coming from right there

I'm hoping theres a way to get into it without pulling the dash :banghead:

Pulling the Dash really isnt that hard. LiquidX did a really good right up on it. :thumb: And if you clean it without removing it is going to be a HUGE mess in your car. I would just remove it and do it all right.

So is this possible without pulling the dash? I just put the interior back together and don't want to have to remove the dash now if I can some how open the box in the car

I don't know about the 2G but I know in the 1G this would not be possible without pulling the dash. Also, you are saying that something nested in the heater BOX or the core? (core being the litte radiator that disperses the coolent heat to the inside of the car)

is it easier to get to from the dash or the engine bay? sorry i have no idea where it is...

i think he might be talking about the blower motor. since the "noise" is coming from right behind the glove box. isn't that where the blower is? and as far as i knew... heater cores don't make noise.

..might have some leaves that got sucked up inside the unit and the fan is swishing them around some where fan removal would be the answer, not the core.

..and "dang", that's one job I'm not looking forward to do to replace my core since I know it's not flowing too well due to the cabin not getting too warm....

..I'll wait until the heat of summer before I rip my dash out and have the time..

-DSM

..might have some leaves that got sucked up inside the unit and the fan is swishing them around some where fan removal would be the answer, not the core.
-DSM

That sounds possible
I'll have to look and see if I can remove the fan separately... not enjoying life right now :ohdamn:

It's not all that hard bud, just take you time and mark where each bolt goes.

Can't work odd positions or just the process of pulling the dash out and putting it back in? Get a friend to help then or drive out here and I'll do it for a fee :D

The blower can be removed without taking out the dash. It is behind the glove box. 3 or 4 screws and a plug I believe. One of the screws is close to the firewall and a little tricky to get a hold of. The brushes went on mine and it made quite a racket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back