The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

headgasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphinx0nine

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2003
Calgary, Alberta_Canada
so i read and read about the gaskets.
And i still dont know where to go!
Car is getting some 60 trim turbo, gonna do around 18psi until the pistons and rods come in.
What should i use?
:confused: :confused:

Does it need a head gasket? Why not wait until the pistons and rods come in until you put one on? 4 layer Mitsu MLS is a good option. Are you decking the block?

Lunch_Box said:
Does it need a head gasket? Why not wait until the pistons and rods come in until you put one on? 4 layer Mitsu MLS is a good option. Are you decking the block?
I would have to agree. It almost sounds like You are going about it backwards.
Mike

the head is off the car
had to take it off to repair a broken stud in it.
All this parts are already bought, pistons and rods are probably goin in during the summer.

GVR4592 said:
Just get a stock Mitsubishi gasket, anything else is a waste of money at your level.

stock with ARP and you will be gold.

Also remember a metal HG requires you to deck the block and head to be like mirror

I also like the stock composite gasket. I ran one with ARPs right up to the times in my profile. Metal HGs are very sensitive to surface finish on both the block and head, though I did have pretty good luck with the mitsu MLS gasket. The EVO comes with this type of gasket stock, and it is working well for me here as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back