The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Headgasket help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420aVOS

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2004
poughkeepsie, New_York
i have a 420a in a 99 eclipse it runs like a champ but i cant keep a headgasket in.
its got a full custom turbo setup that runs 25psi all day no eng problems but every now and then i push my head gasket out, is there anything i can do or do i just need to deal with it? thanks

umm.....i dont think head gaskets should be pushing in and out? maybe im just not understanding what your saying but this does not sound good.

eclipse:dsm:talon:talon:laser:laser:

420aVOS said:
i have a 420a in a 99 eclipse it runs like a champ but i cant keep a headgasket in.
its got a full custom turbo setup that runs 25psi all day no eng problems but every now and then i push my head gasket out, is there anything i can do or do i just need to deal with it? thanks
Huh? I think that you are talking about a different gasket. If you "push" the HG "out" you must pull the head to fix. This I would consider a eng. problem. Give us a different gasket.
MB

Pushing a hg is slang for blowing a chunk out from between the block and head. It is usually used by older people, usually drag racers.

Do you have head studs or stock chrysler head bolts? What kind of hg are you running? I would suggest arp studs and a cometic hasket. Make sure the top of the block is machined smooth along with the head surface. If it still goes, you might have a problem with detonation. I wouldnt think that low of boost would constitute o-ringing the head.

yeah i didn't literally blow it out. i have arp head studs but i am using the stock MLS headgesket from the factory. i cant find any after market ones!

THANKS! Im not very up to date on head gaskets so you all have been a big help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back