The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Headgasket for 35-40psi??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camfast

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 6, 2008
Houston, Texas
I just got my cylinder head redone from the machine shop and I also have ARP head studs. Which headgasket would work best if i want to eventually run 30-40 psi?? I was thinking a Mitsu mls headgasket?? Any suggestion is appreciated. thanks

so keith if i wanted to run let say 25-35 psi for the drag strip and the street would you say
the mitsu 4layer with l19's is over kill?? :hmm:

i feel copper spray wouldn't be a good idea to spray on the hg because when the head heats up it needs to expand a lil and the copper spray wouldn't allow that to happen.. which could cause premature failure?? or at least thats what i was taught in school??

Wow that just sounds retarded..not you but what the school told you.. uhh copper spray isn't permanent "don't ya know Bobby". We sprayed every single 420A head gasket at the dealer and since every single 420A leaks that was a lot of gaskets. I would not spray a composite though, just metal, metal on metal is a horrible sealing surface, that is why we use gaskets OMG

Later Dr Turbo

Wow that just sounds retarded..not you but what the school told you.. uhh copper spray isn't permanent "don't ya know Bobby". We sprayed every single 420A head gasket at the dealer and since every single 420A leaks that was a lot of gaskets. I would not spray a composite though, just metal, metal on metal is a horrible sealing surface, that is why we use gaskets

Later Dr Turbo

hmmm really didn't know that was the case.. for some reason i was under the impression that copper spray dose not expand with the mating surface its inhered to; which allows leaks.. metal to metal i understand but composite i would say other wise.. correct me if im wrong

What turbo will you be running? Mine did fine with standard arp studs and a cometic hg at 35psi with the 60-1. Also worked well street driven at 28psi on 93 pump gas. I only went to the L19's because of what the future holds, which you already know about.

thinking about the FP HTA that Jeremy was running in his white 1g or a lil smaller
and when you going to update that thread man?? its been a while??

hmmm really didn't know that was the case.. for some reason i was under the impression that copper spray dose not expand with the mating surface its inhered to; which allows leaks.. metal to metal i understand but composite i would say other wise.. correct me if im wrong

thinking about the FP HTA that Jeremy was running in his white 1g or a lil smaller
and when you going to update that thread man?? its been a while??

hta88? You can use standard arp's or go L19/a1 route for the extra insurance.

Off topic, I dont go to the TT board very often. Currently, the car is sitting with the old shortblock, new cams, springs, SMIM, 4.6 mustang 75mm tb, L19's, 1150's, same turbo, link, etc. The fuel pump currently isnt keeping up with demands over 25-26psi. Im just saving $ now for a denso supra tt intank pump and an 044 inline. Justin drove it a few weeks ago but it was doing what it is doing now, just worse now. He was amazed at how well it pulled at lower boost levels. Ask him, he will tell you. Oh, He did get a chance to see that my 30psi boost gauge just isnt enough anymore, :sneaky:

I added a couple new pics to myspace last weekend.

Off topic, I dont go to the TT board very often. Currently, the car is sitting with the old shortblock, new cams, springs, SMIM, 4.6 mustang 75mm tb, L19's, 1150's, same turbo, link, etc. The fuel pump currently isnt keeping up with demands over 25-26psi. Im just saving $ now for a denso supra tt intank pump and an 044 inline. Justin drove it a few weeks ago but it was doing what it is doing now, just worse now. He was amazed at how well it pulled at lower boost levels. Ask him, he will tell you. Oh, He did get a chance to see that my 30psi boost gauge just isnt enough anymore,

I added a couple new pics to myspace last weekend.

off topic .. if its not one thing its another with are dsm!! what turbo are you running right now?? you can pm me if you feel better about it.. the denso pump for the supra is amazing, + loud as he!! my boy ben ran his supra to 800hp befor he blew the piston out the bottom end..but the fuel system is the only thing thats not being upgraded its that good.. well chat some more threw pm's dont want to high jack this thread

Drew

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back