The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

headgasket and head studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcedfedgsx

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2003
OhioUS
i have a 95 gsx with a rebuilt bottom end and a 1g head will the normal 2g headgaskets and bolts work to replace mine. which ones should i get i want to get some decent stuff prob arp studs but need to know if they fit and what kinda gasket what price should i pay

i dunno if they are the same gasket or not, but i got my headgasket from the local mitsu dealer for 50 and the arp stud kit for 90 or so from slowboy

Head gasket is the same through all 4G63 runs.

Clean off your block and get a stock mitsubishi headgasket. Unless you warped the head/blew the headgasket/etc, use a stocker. 4 layer meal HKS/Mitsu brands aren't needed, because your geometry should still be good.

Id go for a stock gasket with ARP studs. This setup has gone 10s and is fine. Another issue with metal gaskets is sealing issues and pushing coolant.

Originally posted by cait sith
Clean off your block and get a stock mitsubishi headgasket. Unless you warped the head/blew the headgasket/etc, use a stocker. 4 layer meal HKS/Mitsu brands aren't needed, because your geometry should still be good.

it overheated and blew and my head prob will need milled so i should go hks then

Go with a cometic head gasket. They are to be of the same quality of HSK but half the price.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back