The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Head turners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsgsx

Proven Member
Oct 21, 2013
toppenish, Washington
Lets get some stories about how many heads turn when you drive by in your dsm. Since i have painted my car orange me and the wife have noticed everyone and their mother is turnin to take a look at my gsx. Just today i was pullin out of safeway and every person in the parking lot i drive by just stopped and stared. Some guy was trying to act like he wasn't looking but i could see his eyes move way to side to get a peak. That made me laugh. Then as i was turning onto the street my wife just busted out laughing. She said in the king cab truck i passed the 2 people in front almost went into the curb staring at my car. And the 2 people in the back cab just dropped their jaws to the floor i guess.

I find myself staring at my gsx and thinking damn thats a sweet ride. I'm sure you guys have done this too with your cars. Satuday night cruising down the ave on way home from work i had about 6 kids just run out in front of my car at a red light. They were just circling my car talking about how cool it is. Its those kind of things that make me enjoy owning a 2g dsm. And dropping my kids off at school i alway see a bunch of kids hitting each others arms and pointing for them to look at my car. My kids look forward to the days i drive them in my gsx to school. They like it when i hit the boost.
So anyone else have some lil stories to share then post em up. I am sure theres a million of them.

The only people who bat an eye at my car are the police. When put together properly, without an off the wall color, body kit, wheels that don't match the body lines, etc., there is nothing that should draws a fantastic amount of attention. With malicious attention to detail, my car looks as if though it could have come off the factory floor. More often than not, people who do take notice don't really understand what the car is. Even hard core DSM enthusiasts don't recognize some of the visual mods I've done.

Slap a body kit, some neons, a $300 set of wheels on a stanced a Cavalier, people will notice. Put together a very clean AWD 2GB Talon Spyder and no one suspects a thing.

Let me put it this way, I get more regard for the seats than I do anything else (That's a translucent carbon fiber hood for cryin' out loud!)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's a perfect example- Take a good long look at the next picture and see if you can figure out all of what has been changed on the back end.

The proof is in the pudding- I modified the 3rd brake light placement and shaved the center post from the spoiler. Had I not said so, it likely went unnoticed.

Last edited:
My neighbor a couple times when hanging in his garage with some guys BSing says "you need to check out his garage." Wants me to show them my car. It looks like a original paint 1995 car that got left outside half it's life (which it did) so no wows when they first see it. Most of the "looks" stuff is subtle so they go unnoticed and then I pop the hood. Raised eyebrows, a couple "shit man", head shake, and one guy that is a diesel truck only guy was shocked to see his big truck outdone by 2.0 and hx40. :D

My girlfriend likes the new burnt orange color on cars. I always thought it probably would look pretty good on one of our cars.

Cox super clean spyder. I go right past Roanoke once or so a year to go fishing in Brandywine and try weird beers in harrisonburg. Gf has family there.

The only people who bat an eye at my car are the police. When put together properly, without an off the wall color, body kit, wheels that don't match the body lines, etc., there is nothing that should draws a fantastic amount of attention. With malicious attention to detail, my car looks as if though it could have come off the factory floor. More often than not, people who do take notice don't really understand what the car is. Even hard core DSM enthusiasts don't recognize some of the visual mods I've done.

Slap a body kit, some neons, a $300 set of wheels on a stanced a Cavalier, people will notice. Put together a very clean AWD 2GB Talon Spyder and no one suspects a thing.

Let me put it this way, I get more regard for the seats than I do anything else (That's a translucent carbon fiber hood for cryin' out loud!)

Here's a perfect example- Take a good long look at the next picture and see if you can figure out all of what has been changed on the back end.

The proof is in the pudding- I modified the 3rd brake light placement and shaved the center post from the spoiler. Had I not said so, it likely went unnoticed.
Thats a sweet ride. I have never seen a convertible talon ever. Not around here anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1413073849][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats a sweet ride. I have never seen a convertible talon ever. Not around here anyways.
I did notice the middle bar missing though.

My car gets mistaken for being much newer than it is.

I guess the best story I have actually is from the other day. I went to the auto parts store, and a guy walking out to his car actually came back into the store to ask me about the car. Other than that, it does get some looks here and there; but nothing crazy. Most people don't even know what it is.

On a side note, Cox Abele, your car is absolutely stunning. Seriously.

Put a lambo door kit on it, my car is nothing nice like yalls, I'm just plastidipped, but I get stopped every darn time I open my doors pretty much, it's nice at times, but sometimes I"m in a hurry and it's like darnnnnittt![DOUBLEPOST=1413319617][/DOUBLEPOST]Only time they are not cool is when it's very windy and raining :( I'm hoping snow/ice doesn't suck, but I expect it to be such.

Attachments

• rough98gst.jpg
    rough98gst.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 68
I Break necks on the daily in my 2g. Ill look in my rear view when I drive by some people and ill see some turn their head, and some even do full 180s to look at me. Just a really eye-catching car.

I get head turns in one of my DSMs, but not for the same reasons you guys do. People either moo at me or stop and ask why I would drive something so stupid/cute/ridiculous/dumb/etc. Twice I've had people take photos with it at the gas station. I'll park it on the roof at work and watch people stare at it. They're probably wondering 'who's the moron driving this thing?'

No joke, I used to wear these pajamas and drive it around for another level of ridiculous. It's dumb, but fun to make people smile :p

Very sharp looking ride! That thing is diabolical! I'd stop and strike up a conversation with anyone driving a Talon Spyder!

Attachments

• 922848_10151644507288841_1622758240_n.jpg
    922848_10151644507288841_1622758240_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 297
  • wu233571.jpg
    wu233571.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Me and a few guys from our local Mitsu club went down to a Cars and Coffee after one of our meets one afternoon. We only had a FWD 3kgt, my car, and my friend in his Evo 8 with some bolt ons. As soon as we pulled in a big group of people swarmed over and took pictures of the Evo and started checking out our cars. It was pretty cool. There were some other cars that were pretty nice there and people came over to look at all of my engine mods (the visible ones anyways). It was pretty neat. Not exactly what you're talking about but still cool.

Looks sexton as hell wish mine looked like that nice car beautiful job

I get head turns in one of my DSMs, but not for the same reasons you guys do. People either moo at me or stop and ask why I would drive something so stupid/cute/ridiculous/dumb/etc. Twice I've had people take photos with it at the gas station. I'll park it on the roof at work and watch people stare at it. They're probably wondering 'who's the moron driving this thing?'

No joke, I used to wear these pajamas and drive it around for another level of ridiculous. It's dumb, but fun to make people smile :p

Very sharp looking ride! That thing is diabolical! I'd stop and strike up a conversation with anyone driving a Talon Spyder!

It would almost seem that you work for gateway computers :D

Do I get to play in this thread?

At least 5 times a day i get complimented on my gsx. I like the fact i rarely see a turbo 2g where i live. I have only seen one turbo 2g in my valley since i joined this website. It is funny seeing people look in their rearviews, sideviews, turning a full 180 most of the time to look at it. I love the ones that have pimped out hondas etc that try so hard not to look but can't help it. Makes me laugh.

I never really got much attention in the DSMs unless the people gawking were "car people". This turd? 90yr old women with handicap placards will ask me about it at the gas station, phone cameras come out, people will drive like utter assholes to catch up to me on the highways/roads to yell stuff at me, etc. I can't pump gas anywhere, it seems.

Add to that all the "Is that a Bently/Aston/Porsche/whatthehellever" queries...LOL

Now that I'm old, I actually enjoy the camaraderie of the "show scene" and mild HP, as long as the car is a looker. Pardon the cell shot, the leaves are still turning and she'll get a nice bath and proper lens time, soon. I'm just digging the retrofitted lights I popped in.

Do I get to play in this thread?

Actually, I'm truly curious about the amount of attention your Gen attracts. They aren't overly aggressive looking so I'd assume you fly under the radar.

My plain old stock Spyder GS is a massive attention magnet. Cops, ricers, kids, thieves.... it gets stared at like it's on fire. My 3000GT VR4 is even more popular. People constantly want to talk, take pictures, get a ride, try to buy it, try to race.... a few have even asked about my "Ferrari".

However, for reasons unknown, my TSI AWD was much less popular. I would get occasional comments and draw a small crowd at the track (including all the tech inspectors once :D), but cops and ricers rarely even glanced it. It was nice, just confusing...

I never really got much attention in the DSMs unless the people gawking were "car people". This turd? 90yr old women with handicap placards will ask me about it at the gas station, phone cameras come out, people will drive like utter assholes to catch up to me on the highways/roads to yell stuff at me, etc. I can't pump gas anywhere, it seems.

That's disappointing.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm truly curious about the amount of attention your Gen attracts. They aren't overly aggressive looking so I'd assume you fly under the radar.
<snip>

That's disappointing.
It's the "What is that?" factor more than the lines or stance. It's just not something you see a lot around here, though more '13+ models are popping up.

Disappointing? How so? About the DSM?

Disappointing? How so? About the DSM?

Disappointing that people react that way. But I'm sure your right, once it's considered "old" people will calm down.

Eh, it makes for some fun interactions. It'll only be around till 2016, anyway. :p

My daily is a constant draw when they spot the intercooler. Whenever I pull into a station to get gas I just pop my hood loose to save time cause they always want to see what is in it.

However, for reasons unknown, my TSI AWD was much less popular. I would get occasional comments and draw a small crowd at the track (including all the tech inspectors once :D), but cops and ricers rarely even glanced it. It was nice, just confusing...

That's disappointing.
The rims take away from the look of your talon that's what I'd say, I don't think they suit it at all but that's just my opinion. If you like them keep rock'n them!
......but damn that VR4 mmmmmm sexy.[DOUBLEPOST=1414033606][/DOUBLEPOST]
Eh, it makes for some fun interactions. It'll only be around till 2016, anyway. :p
WHAT??!!? upgrading?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back