The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Head off and ready to machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welfle18

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Norwalk, Ohio
Finally the head is off and disassembled. Took awhile but we got it off and are working on smoothing out transitions in the casting of the head. Am also going to port match the IM while its off. It is already getting bored to match the 1st gen throttle body. While the parts are off the EGR and FIAV are going on also. Unfortunatly I talked to Bullseye today and they are not casting the Mitsu turbine housing for another 2 weeks. I am not sure whether I am going to eliminate the AC while its apart as you can see from the God aweful mess in there. But all in all its coming along slowly but surely. The blizzard that we are getting is really not helping out but its gonna take some time anyways to get the turbo and casting and other parts so until then this is how she sits.

I guess I'm responsible for the delay in your project, because I bought the last BEP HX35 housing he had in stock on 2-8-10. Sorry about that...LOL

nvmy95tsi;bt6249 said:
I guess I'm responsible for the delay in your project, because I bought the last BEP HX35 housing he had in stock on 2-8-10. Sorry about that...LOL
haha its all good Justin said it will be a few days before he gets to my turbo anyways so it gives them some time to recast...

pj91gsx;bt6251 said:
What are you doing to the head?
Well I have new valve train going in BC springs and retainers, Kelford 272 cams (delta grinds from some billet cores), getting it resurfaced, and am smoothing up the rough casting marks in the chambers. Also replacing the valve stem seals. Guides, rockers, keeps, and lifters are going back in.

Yeah, hopefully he'll ship mine by this weekend...I'm ready to see some serious hp!

Yeah I hope that I can get mine asap but who knows when they will cast the next batch. He said two weeks and that was last week sometime. I will call middle of next week, and get one ordered hopefully. Then all I will need is new motor mounts and a new idler pulley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back