The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

head gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
Hi im new to the dsm world and i just bought an 1992 awd tsi turbo eagle talon and it needs a head gasket and i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good tutorial on how to replace it.

remove your valve cover, then remove your head bolts... disconnet anything that is attached to the head including the turbo too. head comes off and now you have access to your head gasket...

If you do some searching and watch some videos on youtube you will have an idea of how its done.;)

Save ALL of your money becuase your car will take it. DSMs are worse than women. To keep a DSM happy you have to spend more time and money on them than any woman.

The ONLY advice you need right now >> VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions it has every bit of knowledge that any respectable dsm owner has ever put out there to share with us owners. Read it like a Bible man. It's helped me out so many countless times. It will show you everything from mod stages, to ecu pinouts, tell you what kind of car you have with what kind of equipment and all that.

Save ALL of your money becuase your car will take it. DSMs are worse than women. To keep a DSM happy you have to spend more time and money on them than any woman.

This is the worst advice i've heard in years.

My advice, is to always do it right the first time. Like for instances now, your gonna have a lot of room to also do a timing belt and tensioner, and me i would remove the balance shafts too.Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit Install

Thanks guys I can tell how helpful the dsm community is. And I was wondering how complicated it will be to eliminate the balance shaft on an awd talon. And does any body have any recomendations for which head gasket I should run. And how are the arp head studs.

Doing the balance shaft for you will be somewhat simpler than most becuase you will already have your car torn apart. So it wouldn't take much more for you to eliminate it. And everyone i see on this site always goes with the ARP head studs.

Thanks guys I can tell how helpful the dsm community is. And I was wondering how complicated it will be to eliminate the balance shaft on an awd talon. And does any body have any recomendations for which head gasket I should run. And how are the arp head studs.
Yay! Another 92 tsi awd buddy! LOL

Yeah I say go with the arp head studs plus a new gasket. I'm having a bit of an oil leak problem in those areas too so I'm going to do that aswell very soon. And I'm told that it will indefinitely eliminate that problem by doing it..

Happy boosting!

Just don't use an ebay/off-brand head gasket. I've had good luck with my (cheap) Felpro head gasket which a lot of people on here say are no good.

A wiseman on here once said that the felpro is the same thing as an MLS, just repackaged...

I've already put my felpro through some abuse (over-heating, over boosting) and it's doing great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back