1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Hawaii DSMs???

Posted by SickNasty99GST, Sep 24, 2009

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 90gsxftw

90gsxftw Probationary Member

Joined Mar 8, 2012
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    If you part out I wanna swing by and see if I need any thing, them wheels look pretty nice and how are the tires. I would swap and some cash your way, oh and does anyone have an afpr for sale fittings and everything, let me know before i just end up buying one off maperformance.

206  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. Leonthefaded

Leonthefaded Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Well guys in about a week or so, mistubishi will let me know what's happening. In the meantime, my carport is free for less headache inducing projects LOL

3. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    So its fixed. Running. Better than ever too. Now I gota find the middle timing cover, Get a boost gauge, and yeah.

4. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii

Drag Race Build 531  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.408 @ 112.930 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  5. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    That vid gets me in the mood to drive fast. But only on the track LOL ;)

6. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    I don't think were gonna get a subforum, problably cause we fit neatly in all other areas. Anyone familar with webhosting?

DSM get together for oahu residents all other islands welcome of course, knowledge share, parts exchange, swap stories. NEX outdoor food court parking area, directly infront of starbucks. Saturday 1000ish pm rollout with cruz at 1200 to kapolei turn around then dip.

7. jtmcinder

jtmcinder DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 4, 2003
    Iowa City, Iowa
    B. Y. O. J. C.

Bring your own jumper cables

8. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Yes everyone bring a set of your own jumper cables. Mine are spoken for LOL

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. chinexican

chinexican Proven Member

Joined Nov 24, 2006
    Colorado Spring, Colorado
    I just got back and my talon is still in storage, so I won't be making this one.

355  0

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  10. 90gsxftw

90gsxftw Probationary Member

Joined Mar 8, 2012
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Im gonna try to make it new ecu gets here thursday cost me $145 to have the whole top and middle portion of the board replaced from ECMTuning. Car should running like a beast.

206  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  11. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    TONIGHT

10PM Starbucks in the NEX outdoor foodcourt. Coffee, DSMs, Jumpercables, Swap shop stories.

This is the ALOHA DSM meet. I dont expect alot of people to be there, but bring em out :) Cant wait to meet alot of you lurkers out there.

Anyway interested in a mountain run? Tanatlus? KoleKole? Mililani Mauka?

12. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    A lot of dsms showed up I'm glad to have met you all and see your setups. I'm inspired by your knowledge and my love has been renewed!

Attached Files:

13. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Looks like I may be the first dsm in HI to rock a holset!! :) Got me a wh1c basically a hx35, it will go in once rebuild kit gets here and my bep housing. I'll post some install picks and updates soon. But for now the 16g is coming out and my 20g is going for the may 5 races.

Drag Race Build 531  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  14. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Freggin sweet, I need to get on your level LOL

15. 96797GST

96797GST Proven Member

Joined Mar 27, 2010
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    nice to see some fellow Hawaiian dsm's on here.

16. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Yep. I wanna do another meetup. But I dunno when would be a good date. During the day would be cool maybe kapolei at the wendys

17. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Hey everyone on oahu! The club I'm in is gonna be helping out with the may 5 car cruz! Hope to see everyone possible there! Here's the flier

Attached Files:

18. White97DSM

White97DSM Probationary Member

Joined Jun 5, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Thats a rather large turbo you have, I am currently running a FP GT37R in mine. I had to do quite a bit of work to get that beast under the hood, and had to move a few stock pieces out of the way.

19. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    I might have the smallest turbo on my DSM on this island LOL

20. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Large not really, I'll take pics of my install once I start and post them. I got all the parts here and will be starting this week.

Drag Race Build 531  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  21. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Okay guys, I ordered some gauges but didn't think about how I'm gonna power em. I'm looking at the stm pigtail fuses, but I keep seeing stuff about the cig lighter.

I'm getting the prosport digital series gauges

22. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Lighter works just tap into it and solder back up. I think I have another running off heater fuse or something. Just find 12v at a fuse when ignition is on an tap into it. But make sure it's not a fuse that might be easily blown or majorly important.

I'll post this here for you HI boys enjoy.
    Johns DSM.mp4 - YouTube

Last edited: May 12, 2012

Drag Race Build 531  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

3K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  23. chinexican

chinexican Proven Member

Joined Nov 24, 2006
    Colorado Spring, Colorado
    I've been home but the Talon has just been sitting under my carport. The storage facility I left my car at allowed the car cover to come off and stay off. When I got there to pick it up, it was inside the car. I guess that was easier than putting it back on. Needless to say, stuff is faded and I have a bunch of surface rust.

I'm waiting on parts to come in before I start working on her. I just got my Treadstone manifold in and am still waiting on my Megasquirt. I also ordered some coilovers from Tuners Nation but they apparently went out of business and took my money with them.

It may be a while until I take the Talon to a meet. I might be willing to show up in my Durango, if I don't get shunned too much... or my new Monster, once I get my motorcycle license.

I've been home but the Talon has just been sitting under my carport. The storage facility I left my car at allowed the car cover to come off and stay off. When I got there to pick it up, it was inside the car. I guess that was easier than putting it back on. Needless to say, stuff is faded and I have a bunch of surface rust.

I'm waiting on parts to come in before I start working on her. I just got my Treadstone manifold in and am still waiting on my Megasquirt. I also ordered some coilovers from Tuners Nation but they apparently went out of business and took my money with them.

It may be a while until I take the Talon to a meet. I might be willing to show up in my Durango, if I don't get shunned too much... or my new Monster, once I get my motorcycle license.

355  0

1996 Eagle Talon N/T
    · 2G DSM
  24. White97DSM

White97DSM Probationary Member

Joined Jun 5, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Finally had some time to work on the DSM this past weekend. Got the new radiator in, now all I need is a power steering pump barcket and she should be good to go.

25. Leonthefaded

Joined Aug 3, 2011
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Sweet bro can't wait to see ya on the road. Maybe we can do another dsm meetup soon