The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Hawaii DSMs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am about to do the same, I just got my new ecu you yesterday cause i found the capatitors decided to go boom burn marks on the inside of case and all over that area on the board. So i got one rebuilt and caps replaced and socketed with a chip from Jeff set up for evo9 injectors and 2g mas and the kcock reads in stock boost gauge pretty cool i thought. So switched them out and car ran like a beast dont have my 2g mas yet but have my maft setup flowing some what like a 2g mas a little lean but nothing crazy. But when i get out to my car this morning the bi*** is dead completely dead, new battery, starter, alternator is good not new but good and the car is dead jumped it went to work and when i got off again dead, jumped it again to get it home and now i think the mpi/mfi relay is going out not so much the mfi side cause the fuel pump turns on and works good but i think the mpi side is stuck and is slowly pulling power while my car sits, cant tell waiting to see what happens in the morning. So hopefully i dont need to either pull the relay or the fuse every time i turn the car off till i can get a new relay. Is there a way to fix the relay maybe bang the shit out of it like i had to do with my starter before i replaced it. Everytime i replace one thing another goes out all i wanna do is push 20psi and get over 300whp it seems like and endless journey oh and my power steering rack and pinion is leaking fluid like crazy and there is a god awefull rattle coming from under the car when i hit high rpms and let off the throttle ###### cat heat shield loose or drive shaft heat shield loose or down pipe heat sheild loose its a ####ing nightmare. Looking for complete exhaust system or just a good down pipe and ill have a shop straight pipe back to a nice muffler with silencer and have them take all the heat shields off to lose some weight. 560cc should be good for 20psi on evo3 b16g right? i shouldnt be hitting to high duty cycles right? i logged in the 90's with my 450's and 1g mas at 16psi, so hopefully not.

Damn bro.. And today found out firestone was quoting me for the wrong car, they thought I had the GS so the price went up to 1400 already sheesh. I'm not paying that... at least anytime soon haha. I might give in and just try to do it myself but dunno where. Need impact wrenches and a prayer.

I just ordered all the parts I need from Parts dinosaur so I'll give him a call alittle later and see how much he wants.

I talked to him... he quoted around 850 for the work. Which is still kinda high especially considering I just bought all the parts so its brining me back into the thosands range. I'm just gonna suck it up take my time and do it myself.

Last edited:
Yo Leon! sorry for not getting back to you on the whole install with the 20g, but I did it myself thursday and runs like a champ. But to everyone else here on the forum I have a lot of extra parts im looking to get rid of please hit me up if interested. I live closer to town and from just the top of my head i have a 1g head and two 1g intake manifolds.

Its cool man. Glad you were able to get it done. If you still want me to rebuild that turbo for you I can. And I still want that valve cover

So, lets see.... you cannot wrench on a car, yet you are somehow capable of rebuilding a turbo. How's that turbo holding up?

I strongly recommend considering getting alot more experience under your belt and tools you own before offering services like turbo rebuilds to people. You are opening yourself up for alot of liability with your inexperience.

So, lets see.... you cannot wrench on a car, yet you are somehow capable of rebuilding a turbo. How's that turbo holding up?

I strongly recommend considering getting alot more experience under your belt and tools you own before offering services like turbo rebuilds to people. You are opening yourself up for alot of liability with your inexperience.

Please STFU and GTFO you have no business posting here in the first place. I rebuilt a 14B already just perfectly fine, before you open your mouth consider the size of your foot.

divas, my timing kit comes on tuesday which means by friday we need to get the HDSMs to meet up in Waikele and my offer still stands for rebuilding that turbo

Leon, you and I have always been on respectful terms, so I will say this. Tim is honestly just looking out for you and others on a business standpoint. If we are considering feet size, he has ran a business since before I can remember. He is looking out for you and the community. Before getting defensive, consider your status here, and the status of others whom have been around for 3 to 4 times the amount you have. If you want to start peddling a turbo rebuilding service atleast become a freelancer. Dont give the staff a reason to get rid of this thread.

--Scott

I sent you a pm.

Ya Leon chill out!! You still got a lot to learn bro. There are so many people on this site that are willing to help you like Tim, Justin, Scott and myself just to name a few. You gotta show more respect to the ones that help keep this site up and running and look out for our best interest. You rebuilt one turbo bro and had some struggles along the way with it. This in no means qualifies you to rebuild any turbo out there bro. Each turbo is slightly different and requires a knowledge of those differences and why. Think about the consequences if you screw up the rebuild for a minute. You could 1 kill a turbo, 2 send said turbo flying thru someone's motor and destroying it, 3 have someone really really pissed at you for it. Anyway you get the point Leon, I'm your friend and will always be a phone call away to help you. But I need you to have more respect for this site and dsm's in general. You know for a fact your going to need the help of this site and me when you tackle your timing issues. So think alittle more before you speak next time or one day this site and others won't be so open to help you anymore.

Ya Leon chill out!! You still got a lot to learn bro. There are so many people on this site that are willing to help you like Tim, Justin, Scott and myself just to name a few. You gotta show more respect to the ones that help keep this site up and running and look out for our best interest. You rebuilt one turbo bro and had some struggles along the way with it. This in no means qualifies you to rebuild any turbo out there bro. Each turbo is slightly different and requires a knowledge of those differences and why. Think about the consequences if you screw up the rebuild for a minute. You could 1 kill a turbo, 2 send said turbo flying thru someone's motor and destroying it, 3 have someone really really pissed at you for it. Anyway you get the point Leon, I'm your friend and will always be a phone call away to help you. But I need you to have more respect for this site and dsm's in general. You know for a fact your going to need the help of this site and me when you tackle your timing issues. So think alittle more before you speak next time or one day this site and others won't be so open to help you anymore.

Your right bro, but things are getting rediculous. Ill talk to you about it later

Got my timing kit island homies... Time to go wrench on my car rofl

Racing this weekend at mana!! I'll be there with the eclipse along with my buddies Sti and Evo. Shooting for some mid-low 12's with my current setup on 110oct. Got my tune down on pump so with the 110 should be able to add some more timing and really make some power. I'll post some vids after the weekend. Auraii kk shootz

Last night didnt get done, was afforded the time to get off work early and do it today but now that I see that I do not have the special tool to turn the idler pulley its back to the planning stages I go LOL unless a parts store carries it.

Leon... I saw this and thought you like to see what is going on in the mainland...

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 159
Leon... I saw this and thought you like to see what is going on in the mainland...

What's with those wheels? I swear ppl don't have no taste LOL. Ill show you some pics of some oahu cars that will make you shake your head.

Well guys I did the timing and it still didnt start, just cranks. So after I get it to a shop and get told they dont know I'm gonna be selling my DSM to the highest bidder in hopes of getting back into motorcycles with the money. If I cant get a good number I'm gonna part it.

The drivers side motormount main bolt will not go back in for some reason, so getting it to a shop to get diagnosed is gonna be damn near impossible. Maybe cutter mitsubishi can help.

At any case... If I could hang myself with my timing belt I would

Hey guys, My car is for sale so shot me a text or call if your interested 8084292712. I give up

LOL, seriously, just quitting like that.

The motor mount is an easy install. Its called a jack, a prybar, a long phillips screwdriver, a dead blow hammer.

How did you do the timing? I really hope you started at #1 TDC, and checked your timing a couple times by doing hand rotations for at least 3 full engine revolutions. What direction did you tension the eccentric bearing? Have you done a compression or leakdown test? Have you pulled your head? Have you even rechecked your timing? Have you fixed your fuel pump, lines, filter with the proper parts that should be installed? Have you confirmed spark, fuel, compression, and timing? If no fuel, have you checked your MPI relay, the fuel pump, the crank angle sensor (97-99 thing), the cam angle sensor? If no spark, have you checked and TESTED the coil pack, ignitor, plug wires, cam angle sensor, ECU, electrical grounds, and starter? If both are present and no turn-on, you would check the ground connections, harness connections, ECU, battery, starter, timing, compression, leakdown, scope. If you cant get it running because you wrecked your valvetrain from screwing up a TBelt job, well, that's your fault.

Ya bro like Tim said. At least recheck timing is in and do another compression test. When something comes your way and seems to hard don't give up try harder. The when you succeed it will mean that much more because you overcame the challenge.

The timing is dead on bro. I was about to tow it away when I decided to crank the shit out of it in a blind fury and it sputtered. o_o so then I ept cranking it awhile its being charged off my trucks jumper cables and it keeps sputtering to start. I'm gonna do the car crawl one last time, before I move it from my carport permenantly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back