The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hawaii DSMs???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does come off during high revs or just idle little bit more info. And are both bolts in the people usually leave the back one out cause its hard to get to.

Both bolts on the pulley bracket, sorry should have clarified that.

Sorry I should have been a little more clear. In response to your question yes it pops off during high revs. Yes both bolts are in the back of the bracket, it has a spacer on it now so it can use the outside pulley on the water pump and crank.

If you want to trade we can otherwise I'm just trying to get like 30 bucks for it. New they are 80 dollars FYI

Is there any slack in the belt? I dont know much about anything about relocations for belts, BUT I know what when you delete PS or AC you need a smaller belt and saw a thread here on tuners with part numbers to smaller belts that would work for PS/AC deleted systems. Thats all my speculation though dont quote me on it.

I live North Shore side btw

Both belts are nice and tight, no slack. I thought about just eliminating the power steering pump, though these cars are not fun to drive with no power steering unless youre just going in a straight line. Also...does anyone have a power steering pump bracket?

I dont quite understand how its possible for it to pop off, not that I doubt you at all, but thats freaking crazy. I could ask around I know alot of guys who got alot of dsm parts but dont use this site, so I'll get back to you later about it.

make sure your pulleys are lined up still... you may have pried on something you shouldn't have or remounted something a little canted... if they're not aligned, it can cause the belt to jump grooves and eventually come of regardless of how tight it is..

leon, if you're going to sell your gsx for 2k, i'll take it... i'll be back on island in a couple weeks and i'll have all of block leave to work on it along with my talon..

make sure your pulleys are lined up still... you may have pried on something you shouldn't have or remounted something a little canted... if they're not aligned, it can cause the belt to jump grooves and eventually come of regardless of how tight it is..

leon, if you're going to sell your gsx for 2k, i'll take it... i'll be back on island in a couple weeks and i'll have all of block leave to work on it along with my talon..

No thanks man. If I can't fix it and I decide to abandon it ill just part it out. More money in broken cars parting them out from my past experiances. Id sell the whole car for way more then 2k or trade for a 636

This whole damn time my car was out of time... FML

Yeah. I'm seeing around at how much itl cost me doing vs someone else. I don't think I have time todo it haha

My mechanic is really good and reasonable complete timing belt job wouldnt be to much an depending on how much you value your time. His shop is AC AutoTech names Andy, he put my entire car together. He's town side so guess your gonna have to tow to idk you might just do it yourself not to hard with the right tools.

Ill give him a call. firestone wants 1100 dollars... For every belt done. All factory parts. Waterpump, balance etc. EVERYTHING. About a day of waiting too.

Hobby shop can kiss my ass. They aren't what they used to be. I got my own tools everything I need todo it but I don't know if I want to. Whatever bang I can get for my buck is what I'm shooting for. Extreme psi has kits and parts dinosuar has everything I need too, but it all goes back to if I want to do it myself or not

Tell him Jeremy sent you if you bring all your own parts the labor should be no more than 450 maybe 500 and it should only take a couple days

Does anyone know where an AWD dyno is in Hawaii after my car is all together and running smooth I wanna see what my numbers are shooting for 20 pounds of boost on my big 16g turbo hopefully over 300whp.

Rads motorsports is the only oahu AWD dyno...
They are in waipahu behind the oriely and next to DJ motorsports. They are kinda tucked away in there so you gota keep your eyes peeled

Its not cheap, you better call, they favor cars over certain ones I feel, when it comes to pricing

90gsxftw- what size injectors are you running? Is your profile completely filled out bro. I'm making somewhere between 350-400 on my hrc s16g w/22-25psi, all my mods are in my profile. I'm just saying all I see is a walbro 255 and no bigger injectors or afpr. Without that ad a good tune you won't be doing to much bro.

I updated yesterday no afpr just yet its on its way and im running evo 9 560cc injectors nothing fancy.

I have alot of the same mods besides exhaust and ecmlink, plus my motor is built besides cams. My new ecu should be here monday and its chipped by Jeff at keydriver to be set up for 2g mas and evo9 injectors so i wont have to tune unless i steer away from that setup so i shoud be able to crank it up to 20 and from what i see you have put down i feel comfident thanks.

I asked for a Hawaii subforum

Because we seem to be hijacking the all other areas forum as of late.. and there is a shitton of DSMs appearing all over Oahu...

Man this sucks, i keep looking at motorcycles on craigslist and I think of how much I missed my 636 and how much I love my eclipse, and how equally I loved them both! If somone had a 636 for sale I'd dump my GSX and get another GS AND another 636 :) That would be heaven

>_> Screw doing the timing myself. I'll just spend the money to have somone else do it and be done with it. I want my car back otherwise I might sell it out of love for motorcycles.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back