The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Having Trouble Installing Throttle Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VicBoost

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba_Canada
Hey guys i don't know what the hell is wrong. I installed my throttle cable and it seems when i let go off the gas the cable comes loose and then i looked under to see what gas pedal doing whenever i let go it comes out of the hole. Why is it doing this .... this problem is just pissing me off. Seems like there not somethiing pullin back.

You might need to explain your problem a little better, but to me, it seems like when you let off the gas, the throttle does not shut properly.
If this is the case, before you installed the cable, did you check it to make sure it slides back and forth properly? Did you check the pedal for easy operation? Manually actuate the throttle plate on the throttle body to see if it sticks. You may have a gummed up throttle body, or you installed the cable too tight, and it's not shutting all the way.

Well you know the hole on the top of the gas pedal when i let go of the gas, it goes out of the hole, seems like it won't stay in the hole. Everything else is moving fine....... it pulls when you press gas pedal but when you let go of the gas pedal it won't go back with the pedal, just comes out of the hole the cable i'am talking about.

Did you forget to put the little plastic piece that slips over the cable to stop it from going through the hole on the gas pedal? I beleive its yellow.

I will take a look, if not i'am going to tape it together..LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back