The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash Having trouble installing ECUFlash or Ceddy Mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cox Abele

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I wrote this guide in another thread that has fallen off a bit. Now that I have a new tuning laptop, I dug it back up, followed each step and got ECUFlash and CeddyMods to work on the first try. While it could be common knowledge, I know a lot of new people struggle with getting the program and mod files to work right. This may be a good sticky for the new-to-flash users.

Step 1: Uninstall ECUFlash, delete it's folder, delete it's short cuts, delete everything. You will want to start with a fresh install.

Step 2: Download ECUFlash AND the copy of CeddyMods you intend to run.

ECUFlash: Download EcuFlash 1.44

CeddyMods: Store « ceddy.us

Step 3: Re-install ECUFlash. Let it load the cable drivers.

Note – Windows 7 and Vista have a feature called UAC. It makes a duplicate copy of your program files.
This means when you try to install the EvoScan and EcuFlash .xmls, the changes won't take effect, instead the duplicate .xml will be used

To remedy this don't install EvoScan and EcuFlash to C:\Program Files\, instead install to another directory created by you.
For example install to, C:\ProgramsXP\

Step 4: Unzip the CeddyMods file and place 20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF.hex and 20550011.xml in C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\ecli pse

Step 5: Open ECUFlash. Do not read anything, don't even hook up your cable. Do nothing with your ECU.

Step 6: In ECUFlash, open 20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF.hex that you've placed in C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\ecli pse

Step 7: The file will attempt to open, but error much like you were dealing with when reading your rom because ECUFlash doesn't recognize the ROM and needs to be pointed at the definition file. I don't have my tuning computer right in front of me, but there will be a drop down box listing a few definition files that can be used. One or two of them will be "1998 GST" or something like that, and also include "20550011" in how it's worded. Selecting the middle radio button that reads something like "use this exact rom" and the correct 20550011 file, then click next.

Step 8: The 20550011-mod-1v9Cb-MAF.hex rom will open. You are finished installing CeddyMods and ready to read your current ECU's rom file.

FWIW, in the CeddyMods file, there are additional files for EvoScan:

EvoScan_2.6- -> Data.xml = EvoScan .xml file for version 2.6 and below
Goes in -> C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\DataSettings
EvoScan_2.7+ -> Mitsubishi MUTII.xml = Evoscan .xml for version 2.7 and above
Goes in -> C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.7\DataSettings

Up Next: Installing EvoScan v2.7:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/evo...trouble-installing-evoscan.html#post153368557

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't fooled with Windows 8 yet. When I made this write-up, it was for XP. Now that I'm on Windows 7, the installs seem to be similar with some "extra steps" that are noted in the above instructions.

Made it a "sticky".

Made it a "sticky".

Nice to know that after 5 years the work information is being recognized. It might be a good idea to sticky the second thread also since that part is pretty important to the process but doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with Flash/Ceddy install. The link is at the bottom of the how-to.

Im stick in step 4. I cant find 20550011.xml these are my options
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nvmd. I think i figured it out. Lol its the one the mouse was on right? My bad i was expecting the "xml" part to be in the name not on the next column

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back