The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

having problems wit clutch pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luiginocrazy

Probationary Member
Jul 5, 2012
fredericksburg, Virginia
Ok guys...i have a 99 eclipse rs. i jus recently replaced the clutch kit, slave cyl, and master cyl. i was on my way home nd i lost all pressure. i looked under da hood nd da slave cyl wasnt movin so i bled clutch nd it worked fer like 10 miles den broke down again. i went nd got anotha slave cyl from da store, replaced it nd da same thing still happened. im thinkin it might b my master cyl cause i havent found any leaks in da line. any suggestions on ### else could b wrong, or sum1 who dis has happened to before?

i bled it a good 5-10 times...it jus kept losin pressure nd da fluid in master cyl was empty by like every 3rd time i opened bleeder

can you see if its leaking anywhere?

close the bleeder fill the reservoir disengage the clutch hold it at the same time open the bleeder wait about to 3 seconds close bleeder engage clutch refill reservoir and repeat it took me 30 minutes because i was doing myself

yaa i had a friend of mine helpin me out soo it didnt take to long...everythin was fine untill i got in it to drive again...den dats wen it jus lost all pressure...nd i didnt see any leaks. its like the fluid is all comin out wen i press clutch in.

check all your clutch lines make sure there all connected right
I had my clutch line that was connected to the slave cylinder just a little off it wouldn't leak but when i drove it would leak enough

ok ill go over everythin again nd make sure its all tight. thanks for ## help

ok soo i beld my system checked everythin nd i made it home but i can tell im losin pressure again...checked da master cyl nd it was fine...soo im not sure ### else to check

not 100% sure someone else might know better but sounds like the slave cylinder needs blead. i think the process goes like this blead the lines like you have been doing close the bleeder valve let the peddle up than open the bleeder valve and push the slave cylinder in as far as it will go and close the bleeder valve. someone else maybe can confirm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back