The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Having problemes with hahn regulator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car_guy_09

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Wilmington, Ohio
Ok so i just bought this car and it is the 420a and has the hahn stage 2 kit with super 20g with frontmount kit and everything. Well the problem is the regulator is acting like its not sensing boost so it dont turn up the fuel pressure, which causes the car to run extremely lean under boost but a/f is good out of boost (like 11.9-12.5) but if i start boostin it it starts leaning out as boost builds and get dangerously lean (like spikes to 16:1!!WTF) and thats only at a couple psi. And i didnt get boosting it just so you know im not that dumb once i seen 16 on my wideband i decide to stay out of boost on the way home with it :thumb: I was looking at the vacuum lines and they look a lil weird the way they are running and the guy has a MBC sitting on a intake pipe which i dont like, But what really scares me is there is what looks like a vacuum connection on the regulator that has nothing hooked to it! Is that normal?? If possible i would like to get a diagram of the way the vacuum lines are supposed to be ran to see if all that is hooked up rite. Rite now i got the car pretty much parked in fear of melting the pistons or something :cry: So please help me with this regulator so i can get the car running good :confused:

Well i got the vacuum problem fixed the moron that put it in had the vacuum hose pinched on the way to the fmu. But the car still running lean like its not getting enough fuel from the pump so tomorrow im going to check the fuel filter and the fuel lines and make sure there all ok...

Are you still using the stock injectors? What fuel pressure are you running at idle and under boost?

I think it still has stock injectors, im running about 70psi at idle and i honestly don't know about pressure under boost due to my gauge being in the engine bay, All i know is it does go up just not enough. The afr drops as soon as boost hits then it climbs back up and keeps climbing, At some point im going to start trouble shooting the fuel system one piece at a time because ive tuned and tuned with the fmu and its not changing nothing except what afr the car idles at everything else stays the same as soon as boost hits.

Hmmmmmm yeah that doesn't sound right. Pressure at idle should only be around 55 psi if I remember correctly. My pressure was up to about 120 psi at 10 psi of boost.

Well i went out and started the car and the fuel pressure was at 80 psi and my afr was like 10:1. Where yesterday my afr was 13.6:1 at the same pressureWTF. After doing some reading it looks like it supposed to be about 50-60psi at idle . But it is dark here so i cant see to adjust anything, so tomorrow im going to turn it down and see what my wide band says. I'm really starting to wonder if its working right.... But hoefully il get to check the fuel lines and stuff. I keep thinking it may be something stupid like a clogged fuel filter:confused: But im starting to make progress on the car all around:thumb: tomorrow im going to do some fiberglass work on my body kit where its cracked and a few bolts pulled through (the last guy that had this car was a moron)

Well i got a lil update, Looks like my fuel problem was alot of things and very minor, First had alot vacuum leaks, got them fixd it got a lil better not much. Then today my brother which is up from S.C. (BlackHawkAWD91) looked at it and my wide ban was reading like 20:1 idling but it was purring like a kitten WTF But after i closer inspection found out i had a real bad leak where the down pipe meets the turbo. So we went in town and found a metal gasket that will work ( I think its for a small block chevy or something) It got dark on me and i ran out of time but i got the car started and now its idling at like 14:1 not 20:1 :thumb: So we think the wide ban was getting inaccurate reading do to it sucking in air from the leak and thats why it was showing it was running so lean when the car was running great. So i haven't test it under boost yet but i think the vacuum lines was the main reason it was going lean then or hell maybe it was caused by the leak to i dont know but im going to test it tomorrow. So wish me luck!!:thumb: Oh and Happy New Year!:cool:

Well i still havent got to test the car since we got 5 inches of snow here, But i have decided if its not fixd im just going to say screw it and save up and see if i can find a used port fueler, If i cant i guess ill go buy a new one. Does anybody know much about these? If you do are they very reliable?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back