The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

having a lot of trouble with turbo piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstballa 42

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2010
paulina, Louisiana
ok i have a s256 turbo im trying to install. i origiainaly had a 16g with a greddy 24v intercooler. the problem i am running into is when i mount the turbo and the compressor outlet is facing down it is a little to the drivers side of the car to the K member but my piping will not fit to go to the passengers side of the car where the inlet of my intercooler is. i thought about trying to flip my intercooler around and running the piping to the driver-side but i cant do that because the piping to the intake runns across the front top of the IC. i even tried to turn the housing so it would face upward and run the piping like a 16g with a j pipe but that wont work. IM STUMPED. so if anyone can give me some help it would be parishiated

heres a link to the FMIC i have just go down to the eclipse 24v

GReddy

yes i have one similar thats just the piping that leads to the intake, ill go take pictures later im just hoping a DSMwiseman will chime in and give me some help. i really need my car runnin by mon.

ok i have a s256 turbo im trying to install. i origiainaly had a 16g with a greddy 24v intercooler. the problem i am running into is when i mount the turbo and the compressor outlet is facing down it is a little to the drivers side of the car to the K member but my piping will not fit to go to the passengers side of the car where the inlet of my intercooler is. i thought about trying to flip my intercooler around and running the piping to the driver-side but i cant do that because the piping to the intake runns across the front top of the IC. i even tried to turn the housing so it would face upward and run the piping like a 16g with a j pipe but that wont work. IM STUMPED. so if anyone can give me some help it would be parishiated

heres a link to the FMIC i have just go down to the eclipse 24v

GReddy

Get an 90 degree elbow welded on the compressor housing to face the passenger side. That is the only way to fix that issue really or just put the 16g back on.:thumb:

The 90 degree elbow sounds Good Im just not sure how much clearance I will have, can anyOne tell me from experience what they have done or seen? I'm pretty sure there must me a way to make this work without welding

If you have extra piping or can rearrange what you have just route it to go up first by the alternator and down pipe and then across straight at the turbo outlet and use a 90 degree coupler to connect the two.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back