The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Have NO Spark, HELP PLEASE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liger Zero

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2008
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Hey guys! I have a 92 GSX that refuses to start for me. My car was running not too long ago and one day I just made it home because the alternator went. So I just replaced it and had to jump the car. I left the cables on for a little to help charge the battery then pulled em off. I left it idle for about 15 mins then when I tried to move it, it stalled. Since then it refuses to start. I pulled the plugs, grounded them, and had my girl crank the motor and none of them are sparking. Now my car has been giving me troubles starting for awhile now. It would literally take up to 15 mins sometimes for it to start n keep running. Other times it would crank over then occasionally sputter. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! I have a 92 GSX that refuses to start for me. My car was running not too long ago and one day I just made it home because the alternator went. So I just replaced it and had to jump the car. I left the cables on for a little to help charge the battery then pulled em off. I left it idle for about 15 mins then when I tried to move it, it stalled. Since then it refuses to start. I pulled the plugs, grounded them, and had my girl crank the motor and none of them are sparking. Now my car has been giving me troubles starting for awhile now. It would literally take up to 15 mins sometimes for it to start n keep running. Other times it would crank over then occasionally sputter. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you blew a fuse.

Check your 80Amp alternator fuse. Also check the Fuses in the little box connected to your battery.

Nice Screen name, by the way. I miss Zoids.

Yeah. Basically.. check EVERYTHING related to fuses until you find the bad one.

ok well it also (besides FUSES) could be your power transitor, the black skiny thing on your intake mani, could be an ecu, or could just be you coils hate you..., well if you lost spark on all 4 then most likly not, if you did blow a fuse she would never start not be intermietiate, sounds like one of these or maybe even a loose wire, though if the car wont hold a charge then you may have blown you MPI fuse or alternator fuse, but with a jump it should fire right up, unless its you MPI, you would lose everything.

Thanks guys, I will get right to checking these things out. As far as the car goes it will not start at all. Im saying up until now for awhile it was intermediate starting, but now it quit all together. I tried jumping it and it will not fire from that either. Ok I cant find that 20A ignition fuse... Here is a pic of my pass side underhood fuse box. Can you guys tell me which ones to check, or should I just check everything?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hmmm well like they said make sure you check those fuses on the battery terminal i have had it twice now go out, its like an 80amp on 1g and 100amp on 2g, otherwise you said you have no spark on any cylinder right... all 4????

Since no one else has suggested it, make sure the ECU is turning on. Does the CEL light turn on for five seconds when you turn the ignition switch on? Does the boost gauge move to zero?

Since the starter seems to work your ignition fuse has to be good. The MPI fuse is also on the battery terminal and if it's blown or the ECU is bad your not going to get any spark.

Well I have checked the fuses on the battery terminal and none of them seem blown... As far as the power transistor goes, what exactly is it? Where exactly is it? And is there a picture or anything so I know what Im looking for?

Also, I am positive that my ECU is working just fine. All the lights show up and everything seems to work. Only problem like I said is that there is no spark to any of the spark plugs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back