The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Has anyone had this problem?[used yoke seal leaking]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Tao

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
When installing a new exhaust and clutch, i removed the driveshaft. My problem occurred after i stuck the driveshaft back into the transfer case. I noticed under my car by the transfer case that i was starting to leak oil. I know it;s the infamous transfer case leak. It never leaked before i removed it. Has anyone else had this problem when they took off their driveshaft and reinstalled it? I did take it off and inspect the transfer case seals. They look fine, but maybe when i installed them back in, the splines rubbed the seals and created a leak?

mine did the same thing ... I pulled the driveshaft out again and cleaned it off really good. Stuck it back in then and no leaks.

I'll try cleaning it and reinstalling. Thanks fer the reply

i pulled my driveshaft, and put it back in, it started leaking, i tried cleaning it, and replaced the transfer case seals. ended up buying a new yolk deal. like the whole shaft and ..idk what its called. but it doesnt leak...it now whiines :barf:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back