The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Has anyone ever used an EVO 9 Fuel pump, and at how much boost/power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

re-wiring isnt completely ness. it just provents the voltage drop when boosting (keeps the voltage from dropping off) also put your blinker on and listen to the pump you should hear the whine pitch change, NOT GOOD :D. depending on the LPH that pump has will depend on of you are going to need a FPR. There are ways around it, Road Race Engineering DSONT use FPR's they just adjust the A/R according ROFL ROFL coudlnt belive it when the tech told me that.

Rewire the pump if you want more consistent flow and more output. Check out the flow increases
RRE Instructions

I run an evo8 pump rewired with no issues! The difference between the 8 & 9 pumps is the evo8 pump has a relief valve that opens in the mid 60psi fuel pressure range and drops flow. Idle flows about the same though. You shouldn't encounter any overrun on the stock fpr.

Remember the 2g's crappy stock FPR likes to be overrun by anything usully larger than stock. If all you did was swapped the pump I would go over all the vacuum lines and if they are good you have to expect an issue since you idle changed.

The 1g stock FPR has a stronger spring and can take a lot more before overrunning. I use a 255LPH HP Walbro on the stock FPR with no issues.

^Exactly. Well said.

Even the 190lph Walbro has overrun the stock 2G FPR at least in a few cases.

Some other very common things causing idle issues are a bad front O2 sensor, maxed out ISC adjustment, restricted fuel return line, intake leaks, dirty TB, a slightly unplugged MAF sensor and/or a problem with the EVAP/EGR systems (including fuel filler cap).

So does anyone have a diagram of how to re wire this ?Im going to be putting my evo 8 pump in my 1990 fwd as soon as I can figure this out.

It is the same as a rewire for a stock pump.

Unless you are talking about a dual circuit rewire in which case I've looked into it and it doesn't look hard IF you are running an evo8 ecu. I haven't gotten anywhere yet and I'm waffling on whether to go farther with that project or just to bite the bullet and get an AFPR so I can just call it a day. The question comes in on whether I plan to run e85 in the future which more and more I really want to do. I'm also considering trying to turn my car into a wad of cash and then moving to an awd so who knows if there will be more progress (from me). If you'd like to look into it the thread is in the Tuning & engine management section. Just click my name and find threads started by me. If you are interested then please give it a try and report back.

I dont know how to re wire the stock pump either? so again does anyone have a diagram on how to do this?

ffs, just buy it. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just found your posts a little amusing.. you know, the big emergency! The answer is all over this thread. You'll probably be just fine with an evo8 pump but when upgrading your fuel pump it's always nice to have an AFPR.

well i searched the forums and couldnt find anything on running the evo pump with out modding the afpr..

i just wanted to know if it was safe and know if my car would still be fuel efficient without running the afpr.

Bringing back from the dead, and yes I have searched....

Looking at upgrading to an Evo IX fuel pump I know it goes in, I know the deal there etc..etc...

Ive been reading on evom lately and seeing tons of evo guys running 255's etc without fpr overrun.

Now does anyone have any hard concrete facts regarding the evo 8/9 fpr?

DSMunknown said a few years back he would be doing some testing regarding OEM fpr's...just trying to get a full idea on what I want to install.... The simpler the better

EVOs run a dual voltage setup from the factory that prevents FPR over run. There's nothing special about the regulator, it over runs as soon as you disable the dual voltage setup. My EVO8 was pretty much a 2g in the FPR/return line department as far as I can tell.

Thank you that helps a bit,

My final question regarding FACTORY fpr's is.... What is the strongest fpr without going aftermarket.

1g m/t, 1g a/t, 2g, evos etc etc

My goals are simple and low 350-400 whp, not really that much and I know the evo IX pump will flow enough for it, I have the injectors for it, just would prefer a clean stock fpr to keep the bay less crowded (keeping a/c, p/s, cc, etc..etc..)

Come on now Jim just suck it up and go with aftermarket fpr. You know once you meet your goal that your gunna get bored and use to it and want more and this will already be done instead of playing games and buying and swapping more then needs to be done. Im telling you just get one and be done with it and they don't take up that much room

Nah I won't get bored, it'll be my limit for a street car.....

The wife is the primary driver of the car anyways.... Don't want her to have too much power ya know.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I just bought a brand new evo9 fuel pump from advanced. I ordered on for a 2006 mitsubishi lancer 2.0L turbo. I noticed when I got the pump that it is the same color as the evo8 that green color. It came in an airtech box and the pump says denso on it. My question is has anyone got a green evo9 pump?

And the part number imprinted under where it says denso says 195130 indicating it is a evo9 pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back