The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Has anybody’s throw out bearing done this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housegsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2004
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
It completely separated from around the palstic center. I pulled the tranny to get it rebuilt because it hasn't been shifting into 2nd without a grind and also a whine had started. Then coming home the other day it was making all kinds of loud noises and vibration throughout the entire car. I thought the tranny was done for sure, but could just a bad t.o. bearing cause that bad of a vibration? I'm getting the tranny rebuilt either way because it needs it anyway.
Also it is the throw out bearing that shipped with my act2100 and it all has worked perfectly for the last 62,000 miles.

Attachments

• P1030162.JPG
    P1030162.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 321
  • P1030164.JPG
    P1030164.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 321
  • P1030163.JPG
    P1030163.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 339
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back