The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

hard to shift, could it be gearbox?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja07

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2009
antioch, Tennessee
I've got a '95 awd Talon tsi. It is fairly hard to shift into gear when sitting still. It's also a little hard to pull out of gear when sitting still. And when I'm driving and shifting, it takes it a second to shift up or down all gears...........Could this be my gearbox?

New parts:
*New oem clutch kit, w/ 11.5 lb chromoly flywheel
*reinforced clutch release fork from MachV Motorsports
*pivot ball
*Hurst short shifter
*ss steel clutch line
*new oem master & slave cylinders---------(bled and adjusted)
*brass shifter cable bushings
*nylon shifter plate bushings

Note: It was hard to shift before all the new parts, I was hoping these parts would improve the shifting, but it has made no difference, except a shorter shift throw...Oh, and the car has 180k miles on it. Any advice would be great, thanks....

Last edited:
New stuff, no leaks. I park on a very light gray driveway and have put 1000 miles on it since new stuff, and no evidence of leakage. The clutch was adjusted at install and was re-checked twice after a few hundred miles. No fluid level drop at the master. All fluids are new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back