The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Hard Start

jperks911

Probationary Member
Mar 30, 2022
Ashby, Massachusetts
Hey guys i can not seem to figure out whats causing my hard start. The car will crank and crank and not start. Ive come to learn that most of the time if i jump the timing conectors in the engine bay the car will start. It's not the coolant temp sensor either. It's mostly on cold start up, usually once it's warmed it will start faster. I've been having this issue for quite some time now. Even after having it tuned I still had the issues. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

TheDude236

Proven Member
Mar 15, 2021
Kingston Springs, Tennessee
You might want to post a video so we can also hear any noises it might be making. There is a lot that could be wrong, but a good place to start would be your coil pack I suppose. Maybe you have a bad relay or sensor, really hard to tell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds