The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Hard shift to 5th and Reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRStraight

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2008
Windsor, Colorado
I just installed a spool and VCE in a 91 GSX. After 250 miles or so, it won't go into reverse, and is tough to get into 5th. Does anyone have any Ideas?? Everything was okay until today.

Thanks for the help.

there is a cover on your tranny you got to pull the tire and plastic covering off take that tranny cover off and theres a big bolt. tighten it up and put it back together. i had it happen to me. otherwise check your shift linkage,or also your clutch master cylinder

I had the same problem as well. On the end if the transmission, there are 7 or 8 bolts to take off the end cap of the tranny. Under it, there is a spring like washer. Mine was wore out causing it to be almost impossible to shift into reverse or 5th gear. I had a spare tranny and I swapped out all the parts I could from the old one to the new one in that end area. When disassembling it, take extreme precaution because there are 3 small pins you can easily lose. The are a pain to get back in as well. Use a grease pen to mark the alignment of the syncro's and the large nut. This will help get the pins back in after you tear it down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back