The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Happy Thanksgiving.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDM95

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2007
amarillo, Texas
Happy Thanksgiving. I guess i'll be cooking the turkey this year so if you have a recipe for a super juicy super tasty turkey lets hear it.:rocks:

Today my realtor was telling me about how his brother cooks the turkey. Its very weird but he said its the best turkey he ever had. Take a metal trash can, flip it upside down. Drill a hole on each side and put the turkey on a rod and put the ends of the rod through the can. Raise the can about 6 inches off the ground. Put chrachol below and on top the can and cook it that way... 6 minutes per pound. He said its delicious. I'm going to try it once I get into my own house

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Eat, eat and EAT! I will because my wife makes a bomb asz turkey! Stay safe and share with family!
I'm thankful for a dsm website... LOL <--- what a looser!

Yep, brining is the only way to cook a turkey. I also put a piece of aluminum foil folded in to a wedge over the breast to slow the cooking there since white meat cooks faster than dark meat and dries out much easier.

Also, dont cook till that little red thing pops up. Thats just an indicator that you over cooked the turkey and itll be dry as hell. Get a digital thermometer with a cord and an alarm. Set it to 161 and put it in the breast along the bone without it being on the bone. Pull it out at 161 and itll carry over 5-10 degrees and be delicious :)

Yep, brining is the only way to cook a turkey. I also put a piece of aluminum foil folded in to a wedge over the breast to slow the cooking there since white meat cooks faster than dark meat and dries out much easier.

Also, dont cook till that little red thing pops up. Thats just an indicator that you over cooked the turkey and itll be dry as hell. Get a digital thermometer with a cord and an alarm. Set it to 161 and put it in the breast along the bone without it being on the bone. Pull it out at 161 and itll carry over 5-10 degrees and be delicious :)

Sounds pretty much like the episode of Good Eats I just saw the other day ROFL

I don't think my mom used the alum. foil guard and the white meat was just as juicy as the dark meat. But it's something I've seen used before so I'll keep that in mind for the future.

A digital thermometer is something I do need to get.

After having a smoked turkey for the past few years, I don't know that we'll do it any other way.

Hope everyone had a great turkey day!

How do you go about smoking your turkey Chris?

I'd soooo love to try a deep fried turkey. They look so good and are supposed to be very moist.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back