The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

haltech E6K vs DSMlink V2

Haltech vs DSMlink

• Haltech E6K

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • DSMlink V2

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonted_one

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2002
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
Ok peoples just like the title says, I'm trying to decide between the two engine management systems.

there are few pros and cons that I see.

the DSMlink has everything that anyone needs execept the fact you still have to run a MAFT in order to run my Tial BOV.

the haltech has just about everything that anyone could ask for,but one thing ....It cannot monitor knock.

so thats my dilema.

If your 95 ECU is already EPROM equipped (odds are it is) then this should be a no-brainer. Choosing between venting to atmsophere and seeing knock should also be a no-brainer.

Logging knock is how you safely tune your car. Don't buy an ECU solution simply because it allows you to vent the BOV....

As a DSMLink owner, I highly recommened it.

I understand why DSMlink would be a better choice, but Im not soley using the BOV as a reason to get a Haltech. For years it has been a proven performer if you look at it DSMlink with a GM maf and MAFT will run you around $850 Why not spend a lil more to get something that has more options and potential in the long run.

Originally posted by talonted_one
I understand why DSMlink would be a better choice, but Im not soley using the BOV as a reason to get a Haltech. For years it has been a proven performer if you look at it DSMlink with a GM maf and MAFT will run you around $850 Why not spend a lil more to get something that has more options and potential in the long run.

Well how fast are you looking to go? If you are only aiming for 11's or slower, I would definately chose the DSMlink V2. It will be the easiest to work with.

Make a list of the features that each unit offers.

Choose the unit that has the feature set you need.

If both units do, then I would suggest DSMLink since it's virtually plug and play and has EXCELLENT product support.

Hal

well Talontsiawd you asked the one question I really dont have the answer to. If you asked ne how fast I would be happy with that would be easy.

Honestly my only goal is to run 130mph trap speeds.

Hal: I have done that but how I see things they come out dead even. As far as the product support I do hear that DSMlink is top notch;however, haltech even though they arent in the states any more, they have been tried and proven. I know getting answers wont be hard to come by.

thanks for everyones help so far.

DSMLINK hands down. the support forums are awsome and the link is easiest to use overall.

Honestly my only goal is to run 130mph trap speeds.

From DSMLink web site:

Several of our users are running 10s, the fastest of which is Russ Coxe running 10.3 with traps over 140 mph! Considering the fact he's doing this through a factory automatic transmission really illustrates the power he's putting down.

Yeh...Version 2 is great...the nicest thing is that you still run off the factory ECU whcih means you don't have to figure out how to make the car idle or any of that other complicated stuff like Haltech...all the base tuning is set. Gald you chose DSMLink...you will be happy with it once you figure out ALL those extra features it has.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back