The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A Hahn s16g with 8cm turbine housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd go 7cm too, the Small 16G has less umph than the Evo III 16G, which does just fine on 7cm. The turbine housing will bolt up, just make sure you have the proper wastegate bracket and arm.

Yes, I've got an Evo III 16g on my GSX and love it, but there is no 7cm housing for the Hahn s16g that I'm aware of. The Hahn s16g has a 10cm T3 turbine housing with a 3 bolt exhaust. That turbine housing I linked above is a direct replacement, only in a 8cm form, that particular company offers a 6cm 8cm and 10cm housing for that turbo in the T3 3bolt form turbine housings. I've got a 420a that I built and was thinking of revisiting that turbo with the 8cm housing instead of the 10cm because it was just too damn laggy for a 16g imo. If anyone knows of a 7cm housing, please let me know, that's actually what I've been searching for, I just can't find something that would easily work on the manifold I have since it's T3 flanged. Would the 8cm be a lot better than the 10cm? Looking for this to be a mild street setup with quicker spooling time.

Last edited:
Hahn put zero research into what setup worked best, they just adapted whatever forklift turbo they could buy inexpensively in bulk and made it work for a variety of cars. The 10cm2 housing is great for adding boost to an engine that was previously non-turbo, especially on pump gas as it keeps the drive pressures low.

By switching to a housing of smaller a/r, be careful that you're not over-driving the turbine to the point where manifold pressures will rise enough to cause unmonitored knock...although you'll probably be fine with 8cm2 as that's what came on the TD06 17C from the Cyclone/Typhoon platform and those trucks were fine at low boost on pump fuel. The "Super 16G"s little 46.5/60mm compressor is high enough of a trim that knock shouldn't be an issue in a housing the same size even though the turbine is TD05H opposed to TD06.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back