The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Had to splice o2 sensor housing, now the car is idle hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx ftw

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
510/408, California
My car has an IAC issue and throws code for that every now and then, but the code isn't displayed right now. I cut into the harness and spliced it back together while installing my o2 housing. There were two black wires, a blue one, and a white one. I wired it back together (though not the best way, I'm going to get bud connectors this weekend) but I'm not sure if wiring up the two black identical wires wrong would have caused this. Also, the o2 sensor is snug inside the new housing, but not as tight as could be. I couldn't get an angle on it, I'm going to try with a crow's foot when I get to it. Any input would be helpful-thanks.

Oh, also, I'm open downpipe right now until I can get my catback welded up. The o2 sensor is still on the catback.

oh, come to think of it, my car did the same thing when i put on my greddy uicp and bov. since then i've put on an fmic, but it didn't do it after that so who knows.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back