The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Had some drinks, bought a car. Looking for a tech to do cyl head and belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studiouspete

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2020
Longmont, Colorado
New member long time lurker.

I bought a 91 GSX a few months back that is believed to have bent valve(s). I don't have the time to fix it myself right now. Totally stock with 79k miles. A barn find if you will. Car is in very decent shape just needs some love

Looking for someone who knows these well enough that is willing to tackle the job. Looking to have head repaired, head gasket, timing belt and all the goodies while they're in there.

Located in the southbay area of LA, I've been given a few leads but cant seem to find anyone willing.

If you are interested or someone who is, reach out and we iron out the details. Thanks all!

Had some drinks? Dont get me wrong...I like beer and DSMs myself! But.....Haaaa!!! that's about the only way a guy would decide to buy an old DSM 'barn find' that's been sitting around too long...LOL... I'm guilty of this myself!!! Lol...it's gonna take a lot of work...fuel system cleaning, cooling system cleaning, battery, tires/brakes, plus all the head work, timing belt, water pump, etc...and probably smog and registration too...here in CA they make you pay ALL the back fees and unpaid years...really sucks...all this probably cost you lots more than the car itself! But HEY! It's a DSM...and a GSX at that! Pretty cool car. I'm here in South Bay too, Lawndale just off off the 405. I just bought mine last February and it wasn't running either. Been working on it for the last 6 months replacing things, tuning it up, and fixing it up. Still have some minor boost leak issues to fix but at least it's drive able now. I did it all myself. I don't have a garage, but I don't trust the mechanics and I can't afford their labor rates either. If you can disassemble the head yourself and take it to a machine shop that is a good start. Get the head resurfaced, a 3 angle valve job, new valves, springs, and order a head gasket kit in the meantime, and also a new water pump, timing belt kit and fuel injector seals while you're waiting for the head work. Then it'll be ready for installation.
Cheers Jacob

Its been pretty regularly driven and properly stored so its in really great shape. I'm lucky enough to skip all the CA business by registering in in AZ. I know there's a local DSM guru out here somewhere I just haven't found him or her quite yet. I took on a new job recently and just be able to carve out time anytime soon to work on it so I've been looking/asking around to find someone. I hit up RRE guy but they dont seem to keen on getting involved. I've heard of Church auto in LB but don't know much about them so that might be my next call.

Concerning dmv fees, I just registered a car that has been sitting since 2011 in unpaid registration (10 yrs). Luckily for us the DMV only goes back 4 years. In my case car was last registered in 2011. So my total was $690 to get it registered. Now I need a smog.. ugh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back