The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Habitual lurker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrell

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2022
WAUPUN, Wisconsin
Morning DSM community,

Long time lurker first time poster. Finally getting my build moving again so I thought it's time to get active in this community of like minded enthusiasts. My journey like I'm sure many began as a teenager in the 90s. We were all bombing around in civics, celebrities, cavaliers and the like. Buddy of mine came home with a 1992 talon non turbo and I instantly fell in love with it. We spent hours and hours cruising from one side of town to the other racing anything that would run us from a light. I felt like I was sitting in a fighter plane. There was something about that car. The curves, the lines. I was drunk on it. We lusted over the turbo eclipses and eagles but loved the hell out of that naturally aspirated car. Time went on and one by one we all moved away and got married, had kids and planned for our futures but these cars stuck with me. Subconsciously I was always keeping my eyes open for one on the marketplace. I would find the occasional clapped out one but wanted to wait for the right one. I'm in my 40s now. For the most part settled and secure enough to finally put some money and time into something special. Been throwing more money than I should at my dsm (that story for a different post and place) my wife doesn't understand and my oldest daughter even told me my 1g is ugly. (As did James from donut media) but I don't care. I've been to a few car meets and car shows and have met a few dsm owners. Rusted or concourse, road course, street or drag we all share the same feelings for these little cars.. anyways I look forward to learning and building our childhood dream cars together. I'm hoping to utilize this resource and to make new friendships with other dsm enthusiasts..

Jesus christ buddy from a naturally aspirated beater to a full blown proper street brawler now THAT's hwat I call a LEAP in the right direction. How many months have you been building this thing it looks sweet!!! These are the types of stories I love to hear, just goes to show how good these cars are to make such an impression on somebody that he then goes and spends a boatload on 'em :hellyeah:

Also,
my oldest daughter even told me my 1g is ugly.

Tell your daughter she's grounded.

Lol she's 20 but I'll see what I can do... Sally was a one owner car living a quiet life in upper Michigan. Her owner had moved on to cars with double the cylinders. She sat for 2 years under a metal canopy in which during this time mice made a hotel of her, rust started to cover exhaust manifolds and brake rotors. Brake lines started cracking and fluids started breaking down. I found the old girl on facebook marketplace and knew I had to have her. She was 4 hours away but I would have driven 14. I quickly found a car trailer, filled up the truck and headed down the road stopping only for gas. The owner washed her up and put the paperwork together. When I got there she was as beautiful as I hoped she would be. She was clean. She was solid.. I could tell by the parts and the care that this was a quality build. Her owner had stripped her down to nothing and built her back up better, cleaner and stronger. When we got in to go for a ride I could smell the race gas penetrating my nostrils. As we took off the 3500 rpm stall launched us. At 5000 rpms the turbo screamed and the tial did its magic.. sold!!! I offered him a thousand less but we met in the middle and I was a proud owner of a 1g dsm. On the way home I spent more time looking in the rearview than I did forward but we made it back ok.. once home I started tearing her down, cleaning everything. I went through hoses and fixed vacuum leaks. I checked compression and changed all the fluids. I installed all new gauges, rims, tires, brakes, brake lines and cleaned up the engine bay. I installed a carbon hood. I replaced lights and cleaned up wires. I found enough mouse nests to insulate my garage and it took many black ice trees to clear the air. I drive her as often as I can now. It's a low mile car with low hours on the rebuild but I'm gonna drive her. That what cars are for. This winter the transmission had been pulled and is currently being completely rebuilt. I burned up the end clutches which have been failing before my tenure. She is scheduled to be tuned on 85 in spring on an awd dyno. I will try to stay up on progress as it happens for those with the same passion I have if so desired. I'm obsessed with this car, this cars culture and history. Perhaps it's a problem but there are worse problems one could have.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back