The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

H4666's and Fogs Died at Once

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greekgodchaos

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Okay so I was driving at night and I went over a big dip in the road and my headlights went out so I turned on my high beams, which worked, and then went out about 15 seconds later. I also noticed that my radio seemed to cut out at the same time that the low beams went out on me, but the weird thing is that no fuses blew anywhere.

The next day I went and got H4666 GE Yellow-box replacement bulbs, installed them, then that night the same thing happened again! But this time I had my fog lights on at the same time, and then both of those blew out as well! I had some alternator issues a while ago but got that sorted out, as well as a fresh Optima Red Top battery that sits strong at 12v resting and 14v with the engine on.

Can H4666 bulbs simply break if the shock is too harsh even if they are brand new My suspension is basically KYB GR2 struts with Megan lowering springs so it is a bit hard but its not that bad.

Only time that has ever happened to me was when the alternator voltage regulator failed and started pumping 18v into the electrical system. Maybe it was the alternator what was sensitive to the shock?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back