The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

GVR4 cluster illumination lights do not work. HVAC lights do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yubh8tn

Probationary Member
Jul 27, 2021
coeur d alene, Idaho
Hello. I'm confused about this and looking for answers. ALL lights work except for the switchable green and orange lights. I swapped in two other clusters, same problem. Gotta be car side. I studied the wiring diagrams, but they're a bit hard to read. It appears that the boost "gauge" lights are powered by the same pin (pin 11 and 10) as the G/O lights, but the boost gauge lights work whilst the G/O lights do not. Can anyone provide any insight or guidance?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

my first start would be checking for 12v at the switch with a volt meter or power probe.
Do you mean the switch on the column to go between lights off, running, and headlights on? If so, when I rotate that switch, everything works except for the G/O lights. If not, which switch do you mean?

connector c52 pin 11 for power to the color change switch.

I believe the color change switch is bad but you need to verify first that it is getting voltage and should be working
I will do that soon, hopefully tomorrow. It did this with 2 other gauges, too, though. So I think the issue is car-side. Shouldn't be the switch unless all 3 are bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back