The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

GVR-4 GVR4-battery relocation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gAWT

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2011
Lincoln, Nebraska
I'm getting ready to relocate my battery to trunk using the following diagram. I was hoping someone could explain how and where I put power to the fusible links. I circled it with black. I figured I would mount the plastic piece that sits on the positive terminal with four fuses in it and run power to it from the rear but from the diagram it looks like I have to run some power out of that but to where in the fuse/relay box is my question?

Thanks
Garrett

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 119
I've been working on a battery relocation for my 1G DSM. So it might be a little different than the GVR4. I ended up ditching the stock main fusible link (the 3 or 4 fuses right on the positive battery terminal) for two Bussmann fuse modules. I just mounted these right to the frame where the stock battery was located.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is another wire, that connects right to the positive terminal of the battery, that goes over to an m6 screw that is under the sub fusible link. I don't have a pic with me, but I can post something after work. This is my setup right now, still being finished.

Attachments

• WP_20150831_20_04_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150831_20_04_27_Pro.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 127
Here's a picture of the sub fuseable link and the black wire I have going to it. This wire stock was two 10 gauge wires going to the battery positive terminal.

Attachments

• WP_20150901_17_52_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150901_17_52_14_Pro.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 106
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back