The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Guys help please!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2rsturbo

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2008
Puyallup, Washington
ok so my laser is having trouble starting in the morning...it takes a couple tries then it will finally start. once its started it runs fine like its supposed to but on the initial start up its hesitant it acts like it wants to turn over 3 or 4 times then it starts, goes to 1k rpms and then dies i try again and it starts up...what the heck can this be..

oh the walbros workin i just changed the plugs an wires so help me pleeease

Bring it down to my place, as discussed, :).

was this happening before the plug and wire change?

whats the fuel pressure at start -up? does it take a long time to build pressure?

did you just install that walbro fuel pump? If so, it is normal to need to build pressure before the car will start. What I do is turn the car over of one to two seconds - stop, and turn the key to off - then start it up. Works like a normal car if I do that.

The pump needs to get the pressure up because my aftermarket AFPR leaks the pressure back into the tank (like they all seem to do from what i've been told).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back