The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Gunmetal enkei or hyper silver enkei on a Kona Blue 95

Hyper silver or gun metal

• Hyper silver

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Gun metal

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • skip them because I just noticed the weigh 29 lbs 18x8

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasershark

Proven Member
May 17, 2013
over yander, Idaho
Can't make up my mind on which wheel I like better or which will look better on my car.
95 Tsi kona blue (Click the pictures to make them bigger LOL)
EDIT: In 18x8 they are 29lbs might just skip them

Rim 1

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
hyper silver

Rim 2

Gun metal

What do you guys think?
I wanted the hyper silver asked the wife and she said the gun metal :ohdamn: that didn't help :D.

Last edited:
Is the top of your car black? It's hard to tell by the pic. Any way if it is I'd go with the gunmetal. But if it's aal the same color than go wwit the silver.

Is the top of your car black? It's hard to tell by the pic. Any way if it is I'd go with the gunmetal. But if it's aal the same color than go wwit the silver.
Ya the car has a black top and black trunk.

Remember everyone, this is to get opinions I like both rims so there is not a right or wrong answer. You don't have to write anything either just vote :thumb: THANKS!!

I have the gun metal on my 95 (silver though) and I like them. What size are you going with? 17? 18?
The 17's only come in 7"; the 18's come in 7.5" or 8" wide
so I think I wanna swing the 18's to run some 245's
Want to post a pic? :D of yours?

Gunmetal would be my vote.
Ya It's kind of a toss up in my head they are both sweet but as stated above I think the gun-metal would go well with the black top talon

Last edited:
Ended up getting some avid's 17x9 +35 weighed in at just over 20lbs (old dial scale not digital but when I put a 20lbs weight on it it says 20 lbs :rolleyes:) Figured I would share some pics

Nice choice. Those look better than the first two choice IMHO

Looks good. Another thing to keep in mind if you ever wanted to change the color of your rims for a season that plasti-dip is always a good option. Completely reversible too. I've had a few urges lately to darken mine just for a change.

Nice choice. Those look better than the first two choice IMHO
hey thanks, I am really liking them.

Looks good. Another thing to keep in mind if you ever wanted to change the color of your rims for a season that plasti-dip is always a good option. Completely reversible too. I've had a few urges lately to darken mine just for a change.
Always a good thing to have options. How long does the plasti dip last before it starts peeling? I haven't really messed with it yet.

It depends. If you end up kissing the curb while turning or parallel parking then I guess not so long LOL. But really though I have asked a few local guys about how long they have had theirs on and a couple guys have been over a year with no issues. They don't drive in winter though so I cannot vouch for that. It is decently tough stuff. I look at it this way. It adds a layer of protection and gives you the colour you want for a decently cheap price range. If a rock hits it and you get a little bit of a peeling tear, well its better than the rock hitting the paint direct on. Either way that rock probably will leave a chip on your paint or your dip. It depends what you want to do with the dip. Some guys run it just because their rims or body parts of their cars are becoming a bit of a eyesore, and it does make things look pretty decent. Some like it for protection, and some like it cause its a completely reversible colour change plus some added protection. Your rims look good the way they are now. If you decide you want something different down the road sometime its just an option.

Gotcha thanks for the insight, I was just gathering some info, not for these rims but for some other rims I have. My buddy at work had his peel fast but I'm sure that was due to improper cleaning.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back