The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

gun gurus chime in

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckdog_5

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2002
San Diego, California
so I'm looking to build a AR15. I have found pretty good deals but the FFL fees are killing me. I was wandering if any of you guys have built one, I'm looking for a 16" upper and a 6point stock. Doesn't help that I'm stationed in Cali, so with the prices I see I can build one for 700ish but the FFL fees are killing me, what do you guys think?

Charles

Im no guru by any means, but a have a friend that has an AR. Its all black, with a foldable 2 leg stand, flip up red dot scope scope(from the left of the gun it sits, then you just tap it up) He has 4 or 5 clips for it, loaded, and a govt issued gasmask when the zombies come. He has something else, but i forget. Awesome gun.

James :dsm::talon::laser:

i cant really help you here, but i am definitely interested in the answers as im a gun lover in gun hating cali!!!

When i bought both my guns i had to just go through the FFL and pay the fees. I think it was only $40 for the guy i use though.

Whats the problem with building it? you have to pay a ffl fee for every part you get?

i cant really help you here, but i am definitely interested in the answers as im a gun lover in gun hating cali!!!

When i bought both my guns i had to just go through the FFL and pay the fees. I think it was only $40 for the guy i use though.

Whats the problem with building it? you have to pay a ffl fee for every part you get?

not every part, just the lower receiver. I can find lowers for 130ish stripped, but the ffl fee for the place I talked to would make the final price around 400ish from all the fees, I didn't know of that was normal or if some places just charge a lot more than others. To build an ar15 yourself all you need to buy is a lower receiver, upper receiver, stock, and that's bout it, depending on if you buy a complete upper or not. Lot cheaper than I thought it would be

he should be charging you no more than $70 for fees and registration, if its more i would go somewhere else.

I know a cop that does FFL's and only charges me $40 for fees and reg.

~ how much does it cost to build one? id like to build one but i always though it was expensive and hard to get the parts...
I guess i could just order the lower on gun broker or something, then take a trip up to reno and buy the rest of the crap for it.

he should be charging you no more than $70 for fees and registration, if its more i would go somewhere else.

I know a cop that does FFL's and only charges me $40 for fees and reg.

~ how much does it cost to build one? id like to build one but i always though it was expensive and hard to get the parts...
I guess i could just order the lower on gun broker or something, then take a trip up to reno and buy the rest of the crap for it.

I have found a lot of good deals on snipershide.com
You can a stripped lower receiver for 120+ffl fees, then 70ish for a ar15 parts kit, then a upper wich prices go from 400+, the what ever stock you want but 70ish for the 6 point stock. Then your done, so figure around 700 to be safe.

Also checkout ar15.com, they explain a lot of it

I am glad to see I am not the only person with guns and gas masks waiting for the impending zombie attacks.

I'm actually just getting ready to take down Steven segal..... I sware if he makes one more movie I'm gonna snap, they are all the same!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back