The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Guesstimates

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle5050

Probationary Member
Dec 19, 2002
Sterling_Heights_MI
I had recently planned on doing a turbo conversion in my 92 n/a, but the cost of everything is overwhelming. I do have the money to build a hot NA motor though. I plan on boring out .030 over, new pistons, rods, rebuild the head with titanium valves, retainers, and springs. Lightened pulleys throughout the engine, port and polish the head and intake mani. Then get full exhaust header included. If anyone is familiar with n/a mods, what kind of 1/4 mile times can i expect from doing all of this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, what compression ratio do you want, how much porting are you doing, any fuel mods, afc???? There are a lot of variables so its hard to tell w/o more info. Probably around what a stock gst runs.

From the mods you just listed, it should cost a lot more then any turbo conversion with a small turbo on low psi. The turbo would do just as well too.

If i go turbo, im gonna go all out because i can't help myself.....LOL. I want to try a N/A setup, because i haven't seen many of them before, most people just go turbo. I plan on raising the compression ratio to somewhere around 9.5:1, the head is gonna be race ported by paeco industries, as well as a ported tb, and intake and exhaust manifolds race ported. Also larger injectors and a walbro pump.I plan on doing a full stroker, and have decided to drop the cash, but I think it will be worth it. If it is not fast enough after that I am considering spraying att he track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back