The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GT42 in a 92 TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was mostly looking for forums links since I am having no luck with finding any....

There is a very simple explanation for that: nobody running a 1000hp turbo and the setup it takes to support it is going to be posting on a public forum, asking if their motor is strong enough to hold it. The few people that successfully run that much power repeatedly have tons of knowledge that is learned from years of experience... not from any forum or book.

The very first response to your question was the best answer (although it was stated many different ways after that, some more sarcastically than probably needed LOL. But, if you have to ask, you are in way over your head. It's not an insult, just a cold hard fact.

Learn to walk before you try to run. ;)

well, this thread exploded :D sorry if I offended anyone. Ill take your guys advice..

and no not an ebay turbo :D if im going to do an actual build that takes all my money im not buying an ebay turbo.

Just start somewhat small(16G, 20G, 50 trim), acquire some basic bolt ons and fuel system upgrades, maybe drop in a set of cams yourself, learn how to set the timing belt, and learn to properly tune your car using ECMLink. Everyone started somewhere, and you will thank yourself in the long run.

OP.. Forget all the parts you need for now, you need to make sure you are financially stable and will be for the next few years during this build. Nike's turn into Payless real quick, and the wife will be fed up even quicker, so make sure you pack meat like Ron Jeremy.

MORAL= A GT42 build that will actually touch the road will cost you A LOT!!!

And its an ebay "GT42" ... this thread delivers.

Either way, it almost hurts. I think there is some of the best, and some of the worst advice I've ever seen on a DSM forum in this thread.

Starting small and working larger, as a few mentioned, is the best way to learn. If you really want to fast track to a 70+mm inducer turbo under the hood and have it last, start searching for a shop that has been successful with such a build in the past and be prepared to write a fat check. Then drop it off every year or so to be freshened up, with another fat check.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but knowing the lessons I've learned, setbacks encountered, parts destroyed, things done twice because the first attempt wasn't properly planned, and the overall money spent on a build like this, I wouldn't do it again.

I'd say use that $4K to start with DSMlink and bolt on mods. Learn the car, maintenance, repair, and how to tune. As you upgrade parts, keep the end goal in mind. You'll find plenty here about stepped upgrades and you will also get specific answers to equally specific questions.

To answer your initial question, it might work, but not a combination I would, or have, used.

Because i want to build a 9sec car with 5k budget newbie !!!!!! You got to learn how to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run...

How many people on this entire site run a turbo that big? Its drag strip only territory in my book. A 90lb/min turbo??? Lmao, thats massive. OP, look into an hx40, you can make a shit ton of power with the right tune AND supporting mods and most important: KNOWLEDGE

Youre going to need more than 4k after all's said n done though.

How is this still open LOL? Basically, welcome to the world of DSMs. Start small and enjoy that, you will stay busy with that (evo3 16g). Then if you don't have a bad taste in your mouth yet keep upgrading. Basically most everything will be needed to looked over in your car if you want to make any type of power over stock. Good luck, also take the wisemen and older DSMers words for things, they have been there already.

The only motor that will handle that turbo is a fully built one from DSMGraveyard.

Trust me......I have two green blocks under my name. That means I'm super trustworthy. LOL

The only motor that will handle that turbo is a fully built one from DSMGraveyard.

Trust me......I have two green blocks under my name. That means I'm super trustworthy. LOL

You keep handing out info like that, you will find yourself with on red block under your name.

Yeah, I'm assuming the overbearing sarcasm will clue in anyone who reads it.

+1 and bigger injectors are also a scam, you can easily make 900whp on the stock injectors and fuel pump. Just crank the boost to 45psi and make teh powarrrrrr!

:p

I noticed that none of you answered my question..... so anyone care to explain?

You're asking the wrong question. The question you should be asking is, Where can I find a cheap stage 4 shep trans? If your budget is > 4k then this should be a fair discussion but currently you're asking how to break your car and not afford to fix it.

Looks like you've received a decent amount of info, despite this being a pointless thread.

So, this about sums it up. There's plenty of info on this site to help you do almost anything you want to these cars.

^ Exactly. You're not ready for 800hp whatsoever. Aim your goals a little lower- search around the site a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back