The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gsx Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Mason

Proven Member
Apr 29, 2017
Covington, Kentucky
So I bought my dream build. The car wasn’t running when I bought it. After getting it started I was disappointed to say the least.it felt sluggish, restricted or flooded. No throttle response and clunky as ever. After investigating I found a fuel injector unplugged. The cel was on. Could this have cause the cel, the crappy response and is there something that needs to be or that can reset to clear it all up or is it possible that there is just more wrong.

if an injector was unplugged at the harness would definitely cause those problems. whenever I buy a DSM I always check the basics like... timing mechanical and base. plugs and wires, compression ect... congrates on finding the car!

I def agree. Is there a certain type of scanner we have to use... I had a gs or the R’s, can’t remember which, my buddy tried to hook up a scanner to it and it wouldn’t read at all. Thanks Vegas

Yeah I haven’t done anything yet but that’s good to know... wouldn’t that only check the piping between the turbo and the intake tho? I have piping for the blow off valve above it, headed to intercooler. Figured there could be something going on there also

That will go everywhere between intake and exhaust. Pump maybe 20psi into the engine, and spray everything with some soapy water. Look for bubbles, fix, repeat. I was sorta amazed how simple it was the first time I did one. However a leak down will tell you things a boost leak test won't. Both are great though.

Anyone know what the color wiring is suppose to be left to right on 2G gsx (1998) ignition coils? I’ve done research trying to find the correct firing order etc... which still has me confused... but never seen anything about which wire goes to which coil . Once I found a injector unplugged I really started to doubt things were right. Thanks ahead.

I know the cylinders are 1-4 from right to left (1 being next to timing chain)

but I’ve read the ignition coil firing order 4231 and then 1342... any help clearing this up and the color of wires going to each is greatly appreciated

The wiring order of the PLUG wires has already been answered in your other thread. It 4123 at the COIL. This is on a stock car. If your car has cas, ecmlink, or model year changes we need to know. Even then the examples were given. Do you have a factory manual? All wiring diagrams including wire colors are in the diagrams. Give us a complete rundown, to the best of your knowledge, of exactly what is in the car and what changes or mods have been made.
Right now you're trying to solve a problem without all the information.
Pertinent items are.
What year ecu
What year harness?
Which year cas?
What is current firing order at the coil?
What mods?
What is the car doing? Be specific as possible.
What have you changed?
Has it ever run right in your posession?
What have you objectively tested?.

The question I was mainly asking hasn’t been asked or answered yet. I was asking what wires are suppose to go to what coil. As far as the firing order I haven’t had the car at my house to dive in and completely go through what is in or what isn’t in it. I live on a public street and with the car not running I had to leave it at a friends in their driveway. I work a lot and haven’t had the chance to spend the needed time going through and finding out what’s been done etc. I’ve been told firing orders yes... but curious as how you know what wires go to what coil
In case something has been changed. Thanks anyway though

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back