The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gsx not blowing off after 6 bolt swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxcody

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2010
Snohomish, Washington
He guys I did a 6 bolt swap in my 2g. I have an unrecirculated greddy bov, but now after the swap I cant hear it blowing off. Does anybody have any ideas of what could be going on? Also my car is also bogging down pretty low inbetween shifts and its probably running rich too. It backfires quite a bit. Do u guys think I should get a maf translator or what?

I can feel a like around the exhaust manifold. As far as I know all the vaccume lines are correctly installed

*a leak

I think its the rs. It has the blue tip. Ill take some pics. One sec

double check all the vacuum lines. double check the wastegate. do a boost leak test.
and the reason it bogs between shifts is because of the un recircd bov. recirculate that guy untill you switch to gm maf or speed density

Sounds like the vaccum line. Rob a different line from somewhere else. Are you even getting boost? Boost leak test. You have to recirculate the bov. It helps spin the turbo so you don't lose power. The spring in your bov might even be rated above the psi level your running at.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back