The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G GSX Dual Piston Caliper slide pin thread pitch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinscho

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2017
Bangor, Pennsylvania
I just finished rebuilding a set of GSX calipers I picked up and one of the slide pins has a flat spot on the threads that I'd like to clean up quick. My tap and die set only goes up to 14x1.5 on the metric side and it looks like I'm going to need a 15 or 16mm die for this.

Can anyone confirm the thread pitch for the slide pins on a 2G dual piston caliper?

Thanks!

It should be M15x1.50. But just in case you better check yours by yourself. Some 1Gs or GVR4 single piston have M14x1.25.
It's definitely not an M14x1.25. I grabbed the biggest die in my set (M14x1.5) just to see if it was in the proper size range and it was too small. M15 makes sense in my head but are you certain on the 1.5 pitch?

M15 is for sure. I mean Mitsubishi catalog shows 1G gsx, 2G gsx both M15, so supposed to be M15. but I just checked a single piston caliper from 90 gsx that lying in my garage and it has M14 (maybe this caliper is from 1G non turbo). I also checked a dual piston caliper (I don't remember if it was from 1g or 2g gsx) and it has M15 x 1.5 thread pitch.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back