The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

GST update -- need monster help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my-dsmhate'sme

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2008
perris, California
Okay so I forgot to tell you I swapped a 2g for a rebuilt 1g engine and connected the white wire on the older cas sensor to a blue wire on the 2g cas sensor. The car is still not kicking over. I left the key on for about 5 minutes and the coil pack starts smoking. It has a 1g manifold.
Please help.

Please give more details on the swap. The whole long block was swapped along with the 1g intake manifold? Was anything else changed in the harness besides that "blue wire to white wire"?

The primary concern should be the coil pack that started smoking. It would most likely be fried if any smoke came from it.

Also, did you position the cas correctly before installing and reversed the firing order if you needed to? Here is a link that goes over the proper installation of a 1g cas on a 2g

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-electrical-wiring/289870-installing-1g-cas-2g.html

also, as far as the map and other sensors i would use the old 2g sensors on it since i know they are working but unsure of where it would be mounted. Maybe someone else can shine in on this :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back