The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

gst, undecided what to do with this thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me612

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota
well this weekend so far has been horrible. my clutch line has been borke but on friday i get my SS clutch line put in, and so now my car once again is drivable. Except for the battery is toast we later find out, so we go buy a new one, now everything is working fine but that was just the beginning. Next i find out my girl is mad because she said i didn't call her on thursday, but i did and i left a message. So i decide to go get her flowers. so i do, and everything is ok. Well now im driving home from her house and my oil light pops on, and i realise that my car isn't a big fan of oil or something because the filter somehow got loose and its spitting it all out and i have no pressure. Well i coast and make it about 100 yards from home and then engine just shuts off. yup u prolly guessed it, i think the word is "siezed". So the only goofy thing is that the crank pulley spins, all the other belts spin, but its totally obvious that the pistons aren't moving. It cranks, but i mean it cranks over way too easy and smooth. So it's like all the rods are busted or sumthin, but what are the odds that all 4 rods just broke. I dunno, basically i just know the block is toast. And i mean i just got the thing working again with that clutch line, and it broke once again. Driving me nuts. Well now im not sure what to do. I could drop a 6-bolt in it and call it a day, i could sell it, i could part it out. not sure what to do. I have been fixing every little thing wrong with it so i could sell it to someone and id know it was in great condition cuz i didn't wanna screw anyone. And pretty much all i had left to do with the car before i sold it was get a new headliner, and get new fenders and get a new paintjob on it. Well now this seems to be getting out of hand. I don't know what to do, i still owe 3300 on it. Basically what my plan was before was to sell it, and use the left over money to pay off a 900 dollar credit card debt, and then use the rest to get a 1gAWD. Just my plan to get rid of all my debts, and i thought it was going to work out really nice, even have a little money left over. But now im not sure of what to do. What does anyone think my next move should be. I dunno how much i could get parting it out, but i do have a lot of brand new mods with maybe 500 miles on em including t3/t4, fmic, maf translator, and pretty much all the supporting mods that one would get to support all that. Well i still plan on going 1gAWD but does anyone have any advice as to what i should do next. Or if anyone has a fat bank account at the moment id really appreciate a check made out to me for a few grand!!!! j/k, anyway hope u guys have better luck than me

well i would get a JDM engine, install it, sell the car for like 7000 with the big 16 in the JDM take the other engine part it out and use the turbo for ur next car. And then you have a FMIC and a T3/T4 you can either sell or put into your new car... and you made some money.

well i plan on getting a 1g and the fmic kit won't fit on a 1g, and the turbo kit, i think its not what i want, i kinda like the quick spool of like 16g's, this 50 trim is just kinda slower spool u know, more for like freeway fun, and there isn't a lot of freeway here in Yuma,AZ. So im thinkin of doing the whole like 16g setup on my 1g because its a funner setup around here where u race around the streets, but the highest speed u get to is like 80. But ya, i don't know if i want to spend all that time swapping in an engine, just to sell it you know. Like all that hard work just going right out the door. But thanx for the advise, but i still have no clue WTF to do

well i think ive finally decided what imma be doing, be on the lookout for a sh!t load of mods to be for sale here in about a week

ya i haven't forgotten about u dude, u got dibs on the intake if i do end up parting it out, just gunna take a good look at everything this weekend and make my final decission. btw, i plan on powder coating the IC piping and intake before i sell it, because it was just painted black and its not that great looking, so if u want me to just leave it like it is ill do that, but otherwise, what color u want me to powder coat it for you? I planned on doing it all in silver, but if u don't like silver and want a different color or u just want it how it is, then lemme know asap, just PM me or email me at [email protected] u can see all the black is like scraped up in that pic of my engine bay in my gallery. well take it easy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back