The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

GST- Need some help on build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hicks1376

Probationary Member
Dec 13, 2012
Springfield, Missouri
Okay, I am a new owner of a 1995 GST. I bought it from a buddy and I'm putting the engine/components together. When I got it the engine and tranny was the only thing in the engine bay (completely rebuilt with JE pistons, billet rods, etc). After putting it back together, I have realized that my buddy didn't give me all the components to put everything back. I have most of it back together but I'm having trouble wiith a couple things (I have been able to locate most of the parts and have bought them). After looking at some engine bay pictures of similar GSTs I cannot figure out what the round thing in front of the battery is, right by the shock tower (not talking about the bypass valve). It looks like a plug attaches to the top side with a hose coming out towards the engine, then goes back to the firewall. I am missing this part and have only noticed due to other GST pictures. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• eclipse motor2.jpg
    eclipse motor2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 178
That has something to do with cruise control. Unless you want cruise, i wouldnt fret over it. Most people delete that to save weight and get rid of unsightly crap cluttering up the bay.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything important. I couldn't find anything in my manuals about it.

Hi, i also have a 1995 gst, i deleted the cruise system.not that difficult to do.

i still have the cruise system that i removed.if you would like. i can post some pics of it later today.

so you can get a idea what needs to come out..

That's what I figured I was wondering if it was possible just to disconnect the cable and just keep the main throttle cable.....

Im trying to find one for sale still LOL i got rid of the 2 plugs on the fire wall by the intake manifold and did a egr plate. i need to find a diagram of the 2g Legit vacuum delete setup.

You don't need a non-cruise throttle cable to delete the cable that goes to the solenoid (in front of battery), it's completely independent. If you wanted to remove the cruise junction box (or whatever it's called) behind the battery, you would need a non-cruise cable.

Removing the cruise solenoid and cable is very simple to do and really cleans up the engine bay...remove your battery for extra room, take off the cover of the junction box (behind battery), detach cruise solenoid cable (just turn the cable and lift it out of it's groove), unplug and remove cruise solenoid (all the extra crap in front of battery), reinstall junction box cover, reinstall battery.

i need to find a diagram of the 2g Legit vacuum delete setup.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...-speed-shop-vacuum-diagram-removal-1g-2g.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back