The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G GST Megan Racing catback exhaust installation issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowborder714

Oct 15, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I'm replacing my old rusted out exhaust with a Megan Racing unit. I noticed that the exhaust hangers are off by 90* and have threaded holes in them. Should I be running bolts through the rubber hangers off the body and into the threaded holes? Or should I be rotating the rubber hangers 90* and utilizing them as stock?

If using the stock rubber hangers rotated, how am I supposed to use the metal hanger at the back of the piece that connects to the downpipe? The hanger is parallel to the exhaust pipe and basically touching it at the end that you'd slip the rubber hanger onto it.

You have to bolt the hangers onto the pipe hangers before install then just slip the other end on the hangers on the car . A little lube helps them slip on easy.

Also the $100 GST downpipes off eBay are an excellent match.

I'm replacing my old rusted out exhaust with a Megan Racing unit. I noticed that the exhaust hangers are off by 90* and have threaded holes in them. Should I be running bolts through the rubber hangers off the body and into the threaded holes? Or should I be rotating the rubber hangers 90* and utilizing them as stock?

If using the stock rubber hangers rotated, how am I supposed to use the metal hanger at the back of the piece that connects to the downpipe? The hanger is parallel to the exhaust pipe and basically touching it at the end that you'd slip the rubber hanger onto it.

I just bought this exhaust and I’m wondering the same thing. What did you end up doing? How did you connect those hangers cause I’m confused too

I had to take it to a shop with a lift and loosen up all connection points. While we were able to get the muffler section in and mostly bolted up (with a lot of struggling), it was all up in my bumper. We loosened up the other two connection points and removed all of the hanger bolts and it was able to settle into place. Then we tightened up the connection points and bolted the hangers back in and it sat great in the bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back