The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

gst lights stay on when the switch is off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98gst12

Probationary Member
Aug 23, 2012
modesto, California
so i bought a 97 gst today the car has some electrical issue if i turn my lights on the horn starts to go off like crazy and wont stop and the lights stay on until i unplug the battery it had a viper alarm but i took it out i dont know ### to do now so need some help if it happened to you or you know what it is thanks

Electrical problem are the worst best way to do is trace every wire you unplugged from alarm

Ok now so the car is equiped with a viper alarm. When you unlock the car did you. Use the alarm to unlock it or did you just use the key to unlock the doors. Back than i had one of those alarm and forgot to bring my alarm remote car went crazy honking. Call my friend and took the easy way out. He did what. Theives did and cut some wires put it together and boom car started. Yanked out. The alarm i had and no horn was honking car started right away. Drove home a couple months later got in a hit n run and total my car. Retrace the alarm wires and pull all them out. Lights stay on horn honking because the alarm thinks someone is trying to steal the car. It goes into security mode lights flashing/stays on etc wont let you start the car. Second opion is check the wires like they say and make sure the wires are where they suppose to be. Good luck bro. If i have time ill stop by to help fic the issue.

i did take the alarm out but it still does it the alternator 100 amp fuse was popped and they just pushed it back together dont know if that will cause it another question is the clutch feels wierd like it goes down and then gets hard for an inch can this be crankwalk

ok so fixed that problem it was the alternator 100amp fuse that was causing it to make the horn go off cause it was blown but now i got the car started and i can hear a rattle when i rev the motor up almost like the starter is staying engaged

I don't know how the horn has anything to do with the lights, it does sound related to an alarm system. It may also be the light switch itself. I had a one side blinker on forever because the switch failed. Got another one from pick n pull and fixed it.

it only does it wen im at like 4000 rpms

fixed the rattle so know the car runs good beside that clutch issue i think it needs to be rebled

Wow looks like your having all sorts of fun with this car. I remember when I first got mine it was pretty messed up. I still can't find a load thats killing my battery till this day so I just unplug it if I let the car sit for a while.

Wow looks like your having all sorts of fun with this car. I remember when I first got mine it was pretty messed up. I still can't find a load thats killing my battery till this day so I just unplug it if I let the car sit for a while.

fixed most of it all it needs now is the boost turned down its like 25 pounds i want it back to 12-13 pounds so that and the clutch problem and some paint and a smog i need a cat for that tho

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back