The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

GST/GSX Cat-back on 420a ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zepher314

Probationary Member
Feb 21, 2008
Kingston, Illinois
Im sorry if this has been covered before, but iv searched and havn't found the answer im looking for. I was wondering if an aftermarket Cat-back for a gst/gsx would bolt right up on the 420a ?

The reason i ask is because i found a great deal on a cat-back in my area, but it says its for the GST.....

thanks....

The GST catbacks will bolt up fine. You may have a somewhat clearance issue with the trunk "bottom" but it will bolt right up. The GSX will NOT bolt up.

:dsm:

EDIT: Just realized you specifically asked about an aftermarket system for a GST. Yes, I believe that it will since the aftermarket exhaust's that are around are made around a stock exhaust system. The GST exhaust's go over the rear axle just like on the RS and GS models like your own. The GSX exhaust, however, go underneath the rear axle.

EDIT: Just realized you specifically asked about an aftermarket system for a GST. Yes, I believe that it will since the aftermarket exhaust's that are around are made around a stock exhaust system. The GST exhaust's go over the rear axle just like on the RS and GS models like your own. The GSX exhaust, however, go underneath the rear axle.

That depends on the brand. My Apex'i, originally made for the GS-T, runs under the "axle."

Lol, yea if you want to get technical, you are correct sir! I just said axle because today has been a long day and my technical vocabulary isn't quite up to par today.

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back